`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autograph Grading
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Autograph Grading
If I have a card that has an autograph certified on it, will Beckett grade that automatically or is that one I have to contact JSA and have them grade the card as well as the auto? I know this is probably a stupid question but it is so confusing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Autograph Grading
If the card is no question but to be legit (like has a "congratulations" on the back of the card or matching UDA coa card) then Beckett will grade it.

Certain cards that have known fakes out there like early 90's autograph cards and Topps Rookie Photo Shoot autographs they will tell you to send it to JSA.

Examples: 1992 Proline Muhammad Ali Autograph, 1993-94 Hoops Magic Johnson & Larry Bird dual autograph card and the Little Sun Derek Jeter autograph are all cards Beckett will make you send to JSA.

There are some that have been graded by Beckett in the past, but their submission rules are constantly changing for autograph cards with known fakes and at some point they just flag them as "service unavailable".
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Awesome. So I have a certified Aaron Rodgers auto card, they will grade the auto as well as the card without me having to do anything but mail it in for normal grading?
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
(04-25-2012 09:49 PM)kpbieda Wrote:  Awesome. So I have a certified Aaron Rodgers auto card, they will grade the auto as well as the card without me having to do anything but mail it in for normal grading?

Correct.