`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you just cringe when.......

RE: Don't you just cringe when.......
(04-25-2012, 05:44 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: how about inflating your bv, both on lots and single card auctions?
I guess you can't look up bv prices yourself

This thread is about to get entertaining , glad i started drinking

(04-25-2012, 05:58 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: I guess you can't look up bv prices yourself
you have to think of all the people who don't have OPG for one reason or another. They don't know any better and trust the seller since he is a huge seller and has good feedback.

And let me clairify I never said or agreed there was shill bidding going on, just that the majority of the auctions go well above the norm of auction prices. Some of this I'm sure is due to like BigBoyd says repeat customers and customers are buying more cards to save on shipping since there is so much selling at one time.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(04-25-2012, 05:44 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: how about inflating your bv, both on lots and single card auctions?
Yes, you bought a lot from us along with some other cards about 2 years ago that was sold on an ebay name we no longer use. I forget what the total price was, but I believe it was more than $50 and less than $100. You weren't happy with the lot so we refunded your money for all the items including the lot and you kept them for free. I would never keep them for free, even if someone told me to. If I wasn't happy, I would return them or pay what I felt they were worth. You want handouts. That's integrity for you. I'm sure you made some money off of us selling your $7 BV for $1 auctions that include "1/1"' as stated in your title. I'm sure your book value for that 1/1 is stated on your beckett printout you include... You are a hypocrite.

We don't inflate book values. If a card does not book in beckett, we do sometimes put an estimate that is probably a bit high. If you haven't noticed, if you click on an item in beckett's price guide the "mint" value is always 20-25% higher than the listed price.

Anyhow, a "book value" is completely irrelevant to a sell price to begin with. I have never bought anything based on book value, items are bought based on cash value. If there was no price guide, items would sell for the same amount.

(04-25-2012, 06:05 PM)john1580 Wrote: This thread is about to get entertaining , glad i started drinking
Bahaha. Best thing I've read on here so far.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(04-25-2012, 06:16 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: Bahaha. Best thing I've read on here so far.
I'm already three deep, and I know y'all don't want me to start another beer thread.
(But for those interested, tonight's beer is brought to you by 21st Ammendment Brewery: Hell or High Watermelon)

[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: Yes, you bought a lot from us along with some other cards about 2 years ago that was sold on an ebay name we no longer use.
because you scammed at least 150 people with inflated book values on lots. and tried to blame someone else for your scam.

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: I forget what the total price was, but I believe it was more than $50 and less than $100.
you advertised a lot being worth 3000 dollars, it was worth 600

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: You weren't happy with the lot so we refunded your money for all the items including the lot and you kept them for free.
it took 3 weeks to get to me, you fought me tooth and nail on the refund, and i had to go through ebay with a INAD. and you got sick of me staying with the claim - you thought you could tire me out - so you told me to keep the lot

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: I'm sure your book value for that 1/1 is stated on your beckett printout you include... You are a hypocrite.
all the 1/1's ive ever given have been freebies. i have given out 22 1/1 this year alone. all for free. some as incentives for buying a certain number of lots, some as thank you to long time customers. but nice try, terry

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: We don't inflate book values.
except on lots, as you admitted above.

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: We don't inflate book values.
and on single cards

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: If a card does not book in beckett, we do sometimes put an estimate that is probably a bit high.
and sometimes when it is in beckett, and you figure you can make it look more attractive

I doubt anybody buys something based off of BV. BV is a joke anyway. I'm sure people spend what they feel comfortable spending.

(04-25-2012, 06:46 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: I doubt anybody buys something based off of BV. BV is a joke anyway. I'm sure people spend what they feel comfortable spending.
for singles, i dont think most folks base it on bv. for lots, i think people look at bv very close. neither here nor there: if you knowingly advertise a bv on an item, and it isnt accurate, if the intent is to mislead, it's fraud. if there is no intent to defraud, it still item not as described

(04-25-2012, 06:09 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: Yes, you bought a lot from us along with some other cards about 2 years ago that was sold on an ebay name we no longer use. I forget what the total price was, but I believe it was more than $50 and less than $100. You weren't happy with the lot so we refunded your money for all the items including the lot and you kept them for free. I would never keep them for free, even if someone told me to. If I wasn't happy, I would return them or pay what I felt they were worth. You want handouts. That's integrity for you. I'm sure you made some money off of us selling your $7 BV for $1 auctions that include "1/1"' as stated in your title. I'm sure your book value for that 1/1 is stated on your beckett printout you include... You are a hypocrite.

We don't inflate book values. If a card does not book in beckett, we do sometimes put an estimate that is probably a bit high. If you haven't noticed, if you click on an item in beckett's price guide the "mint" value is always 20-25% higher than the listed price.

Anyhow, a "book value" is completely irrelevant to a sell price to begin with. I have never bought anything based on book value, items are bought based on cash value. If there was no price guide, items would sell for the same amount.
I don't think people realize alot of times cards go way over book value and if I am thinking of the right person which I think I am you seem to get the hard to get cards which always seem to sell higher than book. I snipe bid anyway as I have set prices I am willing to pay already so if I get out bid oh well but if someone offers me a 2nd chance offer I normally ask for the price just below mine as why should I pay the extra say $5.00 to $10.00 for a card when the next highest bidder was that far behind me.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]