`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Rookies in Hoops-- why?

No Rookies in Hoops-- why?
Can anyone tell me why that sense this product came out way after the season stared why there is no rookies from this years draft in it?

RE: No Rookies in Hoops-- why?
Panini sucks.

(04-24-2012, 08:49 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Panini sucks.
Agreed
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

Lockout shortened season = no rookie/team photoshoots (all rookie cards in the first product's from panini have always been rookie photoshoot images). also meant no training camp, also meant 1 week exhibition season. Panini also had this set designed before the lockout was even resolved and didn't inlclude rookies for that reason. Their photographers were scrambling as it was to get update photos for players who changed team. Yeesh, don't people think?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Panini could of thrown in a few thousand rookie redemptions, then send out sticker autos at a later date... would of saved the 2011/12 RC cards.... but failure on both the NBA & Panini made this year's choice of basketball products limited... the NBA & Panini could of came up with an agreement to do a RC photoshoot at a later date.. i.e. During the All Star Game... it is very easy to get pictures of RC players during the first few weeks, use these to make cards & release them without autos...

BUY 90's INSERTS.... it's more fun than busting 2011-12 wax...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

They could have done a Season Update set like last year, but Panini's priorities are more focused on their football and baseball products. Its a shame really. I hope they lose their license next year.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(04-25-2012, 12:46 PM)jchavestx Wrote: They could have done a Season Update set like last year, but Panini's priorities are more focused on their football and baseball products. Its a shame really. I hope they lose their license next year.
I dont want them to lose their license i just hope topps is allowed back in..

Compititon is better then 1 company holding the Licenense.

(04-25-2012, 12:49 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: I dont want them to lose their license i just hope topps is allowed back in..

Compititon is better then 1 company holding the Licenense.
+1 I want my refractors, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(04-24-2012, 09:09 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Lockout shortened season = no rookie/team photoshoots (all rookie cards in the first product's from panini have always been rookie photoshoot images). also meant no training camp, also meant 1 week exhibition season. Panini also had this set designed before the lockout was even resolved and didn't inlclude rookies for that reason. Their photographers were scrambling as it was to get update photos for players who changed team. Yeesh, don't people think?
Can't they just use a head shot from college.

(04-25-2012, 04:41 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Can't they just use a head shot from college.
nope, they don't have the rights to those images, and getting them would be a major pain in the ghetto booty!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75