`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What just happened? Im devistated....

What just happened? Im devistated....
So most of you know about my D.J. Augustin National Treasures Patch auto /25 project. Im trying to get all 25. Well one popped up the other day. I asked the seller (in Hong Kong) if they would end the auction for a price. I heard nothing back. So I waited until it was ending to bid. It was at 21.00 or so with a minute left. That already seemed high for me, but I figured it would sell for around $40 which is about what ive been paying for the last couple I got. I put in a huge bid of $152.96 with seconds left. I thought there was no way it would be even close to that at closing. Well, I was outbid and it sold for $155.46!!!!!!! I mean its D.J. friggin Augustin!!! Ruining my project. Does anyone think this will actually come back on the bay from the same seller or is it gone forever? Im gonna go take a cold shower....

heres the listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270960005192?ssP...1435.l2649
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

RE: What just happened? Im devistated....
Shocked....What in the world. That makes absolutly no sense. If the buyer pays you better message them and say you got XX of those and youll sell at $150 a piece Wink
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Lol. I guess thats the good news. I got almost two grand of those cards if they keep selling like that!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Just be Glad someone didnt Bid $100 or you would have been stuck paying that LoL

But honestly i think this is either the Seller not wanting to let the card for for so Cheap ($20 range) so he jumpin in at the last minute and Put in a crazy high bid. not realizing you bid that high..

Or its someone like you who put in a crazy bid so they wouldnt lose the card and ended up paying more then they wanted to..

dont be suprised if in a couple days you get a message from the seller saying the other guy backed out and he is given you a 2nd chance at the card.

Agree with bbills. The buyer will probably back out. I would send a message to the seller to let him know you would be interested just in case...

verse1 from aus mightve won it since he is the DJ Augustin Collector with the most masterpieces Ive seen.If he didnt have one already then he probably jumped on it. Also notice the feedback and bid history of the winner. He bids to win.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

Buyer is probably arguing with the seller right now that he got shilled Wink
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Ouch. that sucks. I wish you could of got the card. The seller is highly respected, so I do not think he would shill his own listings.. I've bought from him a ton of times over the last two years. He's my favorite international seller. I've been able to obtain most of my chronology base cards from him.

it is strange why the card in question jumped so high. Don't think the winning bidder knew somebody else would bid that high..

I'd email the seller & say that if winning bidder doesn't pay, that you'd buy it for $25.00us. If they say now, they will more likely relist it.

I tried to find out who the winning bidder is, but there are too many transactions to go through to match up the hidden user id & feedback score too.. I would put money on it, that the winning bidder is an overseas collector.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Keep it in your watch list and check back on it, good chance it may be relisted.

I can say that seller is in no way shilling because the winning bidder not only has won what seems to be 100% of the auctions he has bid on in (That show up on his bid history) but he also has 0 bid retractions.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]