`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Huge Week of Packers PC Adds & Big Shoutout to Sconnienation3!

Huge Week of Packers PC Adds & Big Shoutout to Sconnienation3!
Had a huge week of Packers PC additions last week. First, I received a TTM autograph back from Anthony Dilweg (QB, 1989-90). Mr Dilweg also sent me a signed greeting card.

Then, I had set aside some of my tax return to make a few PC purchases. I posted in the trading thread that I was looking for jersey cards of Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, and Sterling Sharpe. Sconnienation3 generously offered me one of his extra Paul Hornung jersey cards & in return I sent him a few extra Jim Leonhards, custom TTM cards, and some other former Badgers cards. Thanks again for the PC help man!

Finally, I took the rest of my return that I set aside and made a few bay purchases. I had been considering buying a box of 2012 Leaf Lombardi Legacy and had 4 hits in mind that I needed for my PC: Autos of Dave Robinson, Marv Fleming, and Zeke Bratkowski as well as a Jacket card of Vince Lombardi. I decided that with money being somewhat short, I would wait until the set came out to see if I could buy on the bay for less than chasing the hits with a box. Turned out to be a good move as I landed my 4 needs for around 3/4 of the cost of a box.

With the extra that had had leftover from my budget for the Lombardi Legacy purchases, I decided to look for a couple other cards for the PC & came across a seller who had 1997 Legends Autos of both Jim Ringo & Max McGee for sale. Both players are deceased, so I can't get them TTM & they are pretty hard to find at a good price. After a little negotiating I got the pair with the remaining amount I had budgeted. Overall, I would call it a pretty successful week. Scans are below. Sorry for the long story, but figured it was worth sharing. Comments welcome & thanks for looking!

[Image: 2012PackersPC37.jpg]
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: Huge Week of Packers PC Adds & Big Shoutout to Sconnienation3!
Sweet stuff man!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

very nice. Got your package on the way.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

Alan--those Legends autos are awesome! What a great find!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(04-24-2012, 12:41 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Alan--those Legends autos are awesome! What a great find!
+1, I've been looking for those too.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(04-24-2012, 12:23 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: Sweet stuff man!
Thanks!
(04-24-2012, 12:25 PM)bigdehart64 Wrote: very nice. Got your package on the way.
Thanks! Can't wait! Will keep any future Saints stuff set aside for you. Thanks again for the trade!
(04-24-2012, 12:41 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Alan--those Legends autos are awesome! What a great find!
Thanks! Was pretty excited when I found them both through the same seller. Was even more excited when they were willing to work with me on the price.
(04-24-2012, 12:52 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: +1, I've been looking for those too.
Yeah, most of the ones I have seen are priced pretty high.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1