RE: 2011 Bowman Sterling Case Break & Contest Thread [contest closed]
Box #8 box topper: Price/Jennings dual relic /196

Box, pack #1

Freddie Freeman RC refractor /199
John Lamb prospects base
Keenyn Walker prospects auto
Jake Hager prospect auto
Dustin Ackley RC dual relic xfractor /199

Comments: Would be nice if the box toppers were actually exciting to open. I like the first pack a lot, with value actually coming in the non-autos (the autos are scary bad). It's sort of what I imagined opening this product would be like, but on a pack by pack basis rather than once in a long while.
Box #8, pack #2

Alexi Ogando RC base
Shelby Miller prospects base
Trumbo/Belt dual auto EXCH
Brandon Nimmo prospect auto
Sonny Gray prospect auto
Josh Elander USA relic

Comments: Another pretty solid pack, this time on the strength of autos. No Harper.
Box #8, pack #3

Ben Revere RC base
Bryce Harper prospects base
Blake Swihart prospect auto
Nathan Eovaldi RC auto
David Lyon USA relic

Comments: Well, there you go. 44 packs into a 48 pack break and the first Harper appears. And yes -- someone picked box #8, pack #3. Tentative congratulations to lridgey, who takes the contest lead away from magneto2. I feel bad for magneto2, who looked to be a lock to win, but I'm kind of glad that lridgey is in the running, because I mistakenly posted earlier that lridgey was the tiebreak winner (with an impressive prediction of 101 Dickey pitches), when actually magneto2 was the tiebreak winner, whose prediction of 99 came first. So anyway, lridgey is now on the hook for the contest win, with three packs left. I'm unlikely to get another base Harper, but there is always the chance of a Harper auto or Harper parallel in the remaining packs. However, nobody picked packs 4 or 5, so the only danger to lridgey comes from the very last pack of the break. I might just wait until tonight to open the final pack, to heighten the drama.

Box #8, pack #4

Jerry Sands RC base
George Springer prospects base
Dan Vogelbach prospect auto
Blake Snell prospect auto EXCH
Craig Kimbrel RC relic

Comments: The textbook example of anticlimax.
Box #8, pack #5

Blake Beavan RC base
Trevor Bauer prospect refractor /199
Tyler Anderson prospect auto
Hector Noesi RC auto
Darwin Barney RC relic

Comments: I don't think I've seen Beavan or Barney before in this break. Always nice to see some new stuff in the last couple of packs. Okay, I'll wait until tonight to bust the last pack.
So lridgey wins if there is no Harper, motu79 wins (by tiebreak) if any Harper appears in the last pack. Good luck, and I'll be back later tonight.

You wanna trade for barney?

Box #8, pack #6

Jordan Walden RC base
Jake Hager prospects base
Collin Cowgill prospect auto
Taylor Jungmann prospect auto refractor /199
Hoby Milner USA relic

Comments: No drama in the last pack. Just4cards wins the "worst pack" contest and will be receiving a box filled with junk wax. Lridgey wins the Harper contest and will receive $50 in BV from this break. I will be contacting each backchannel to settle up.

Box #8 grade: D
Comments: The box started out with a lot of promise but then reverted to the duds I've seen all break long. It was clearly my second best box of the break, but I didn't get my investment back.

Case break grade: D
Comments: I paid $1719.95 for this case and probably got 70% back in value. That's a loss of about $500. Even had I hit a Harper auto I'd have been way behind. I do not recommend busting this product at current prices. In fact, prices are likely never to be low enough (say $1350) to justify a purchase. The card design is nice, and there are some good subjects, but you can get them more cheaply as singles. If you must break cases (like me), find another product. The silver lining for me is that I got just one case, and I can now buy singles to complete sets.

Thanks, everyone, for participating in the contest, and I'm looking forward to 2012 BC in the early Fall.
[Image: harper.jpg]
(05-01-2012, 06:38 PM)suzukmepa Wrote: You wanna trade for barney?
I think I'll need it for my set, but thanks.

Sorry the break was not memorable. I thought I might have a chance in the contest but it didn't happen. I have not opened a case or a full box of this product and pulled Bubba Starling base auto and Dylan Bundy base auto. But I have also pulled a few duds in there. Do you plan on busting Bowman 2012?

I've got a box coming, tomorrow. I was pretty excited about getting it. Hopefully I do ok.

I bought 4 boxes as well and they were duds. Now 2010 those were loaded. I almost pulled a complete rainbow of Alex Rodriguez/ Evan Longoria I am only missing #d/25. I thought I would go for my first rainbow since I pulled the 1/1.

I am waiting for 2012 to come out before I buy anymore but the sad thing is my LCS has 2 cases of this on his shelf and no-ones buying them.

Now in 3-4 years we will see these cards be in high demend becuase somebody else will be a beast. Sad thing it wont be anything you or I pulled, but then.....
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Thanks for the contest! Can't believe I won!
[Image: giantssig1.jpg]

I collect Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, Matt Cain and Gary Brown!

Yes, it was another great contest.
And, even though I'm the biggest loser, somehow, I actually won too!
Congrats!
Member 8670

That is a pretty bad case but you still have some decent hits. I'd love that Moustakas auto redemption.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(05-01-2012, 09:46 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Sorry the break was not memorable. I thought I might have a chance in the contest but it didn't happen. I have not opened a case or a full box of this product and pulled Bubba Starling base auto and Dylan Bundy base auto. But I have also pulled a few duds in there. Do you plan on busting Bowman 2012?
I would like to, but I need to save up for Chrome and Draft, which I bust every year. I'm sure I'll follow someone else's break; it sounds like an exciting product.