`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time for a minor (collection aka organize) rant
04-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Time for a minor (collection aka organize) rant
When I plug Ron Hextall into the search box at the top of this page, I come up with 1141 cards listed. When I go to my organize, Becket comes up with 1131 cards. And, at the top of my organize, it says something about 1164 items. Why are all the numbers screwed up?

I tracked down the ten missing cards and Beckett won't allow me to add them to my organize and they are in no other organize list I have. I have no idea what the 1164 is either. I know it is not how many Hextall cards I have because that is yet another listing, that is fairly accurate.

Can Beckett is make it any more awkward to try and list one's card collections. Before the make over of the site, I could list cards in multiple organized lists (i.e Hextall and Parent lists if they both appear on the same card) and now, nada, nothing, zilch.

I thought I would try and get an accurate count of all my Hextall cards, but Beckett is not cooperating. I have my own lists in an Excel spreadsheet, but I would like to try and match the cards up as close as possible. As best I can figure, I need about 135 more Hextall cards to have them all. 82 of them are 1/1 cards. I know that will never happen, but the pursuit sure is fun. So, I am on my way to tracking down the other 53 cards I need with a print run greater than one. Of course almost all of them have a print run of less than ten.

Why can't Beckett get their act together with the organize. It sure would be helpful. Also, an area for adding brief notes (like they used to have) would be useful. Okay, I guess I am done with my rant. I appreciate your time if you read this missive.

Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2012, 12:56 AM
RE: Time for a minor (collection aka organize) rant
Hey, yeah i have the same problem too.... Trying to make sure ive always got updated list of Jumbo Joes... im not going to beckett bash, because without it i honestly wouldnt have a clue where to start haha, but i do know exactly what you mean. What ive done to counter the missing cards thing in mine is kind of preference them out... say if i know theres 5 cards with Couture and Thornton, then i know the difference between search results and my ORG count is 5 - because theyre in the Thornton collection. Also ive found cards in the recently traded folder, that get moved there sometimes, that can throw the number out too. Hope you work it out Smile

[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI
04-23-2012, 06:46 AM
still having issues I see.... some cards might be double counted during the search

did you post this in the help forum? maybe IT guy can answer this

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure how they do it, or what it makes, but i've got a few cards that show the player in the actual jersey of the team, listed on the card as the team, listed on the offical roster of that team, but do not show up in a team search, but when you type in the name, it shows up not being listed on that team. As i type this out i see now that it really doesn't help your situation, but i'm still going to post it.

The other thing i noticed is that when you plug a name in, it lists just his general name but they count that as a card, but you cannot add it to your org. So there might be another hextall that unless you go through each one to make sure its the real ron hextall, it could be giving you that number when you do a search for his name. This might b e a little more helpful if you did not already know it, if you did well, i just enjoy seeing my name under a post to make myself feel special.

Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches
04-23-2012, 10:53 PM
No, I have never contacted the Beckett IT folks. Actually, I have never scrolled down the entire page to even notice a help area...until a few minutes ago. Thanks for the heads up.

Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/
04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Stupid question, but are you typing just Hextall, or Ron Hextall....the difference could be that his uncle, Dennis Hextall also played in the NHL....

[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database