Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurickson Profar question

Jurickson Profar question
Hey all,
I'm really not familiar with Jurickson Profar, having a Bowman auto of him & saw the high BV made me read up a bit about him. I saw he was ranked 12th out of the 50 top prospects by Baseball America. Just curious if he's being compared to any current or past player & the type of hitter/player he's projected to be. I've learned that "potential" = unproven talent on the major league scale, just looking for thoughts from anyone here that has more knowledge about him.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

RE: Jurickson Profar
he was in the little league world series a few years back for his country. i hear starlin castro is sorta similar. a bit lankier but close
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

RE: Jurickson Profar question
(04-22-2012, 11:11 PM)krn001 Wrote: Hey all,
I'm really not familiar with Jurickson Profar, having a Bowman auto of him & saw the high BV made me read up a bit about him. I saw he was ranked 12th out of the 50 top prospects by Baseball America. Just curious if he's being compared to any current or past player & the type of hitter/player he's projected to be. I've learned that "potential" = unproven talent on the major league scale, just looking for thoughts from anyone here that has more knowledge about him.
He is so young and still at one of the very low levels, so it's hard to tell.
I'm a Rangers die-hard and collector and have avoided him at this point. Doesn't have anything to do with price. But he's so young and at such a low level, it's just too iffy at this point. His cards have nowhere but down to go becuase they're so high.

Just give him 3 more years to hit the big leagues......i have a feeling he will be used as trade bait....alls i know this dude can play good defense for his age.......but his bat is about average for now
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Thanks for the input, maybe now is the time to move that card.

Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,

He's higher than 12th in a lot of places I have seen.

I picked him in my keeper league this year so I've been trying to read up as much as possible. Haven't really seen any comparisons (as opposed to the other big SS prospect, Machado, who they compare to a young A-Rod).

anyway might be interested in his Chrome AU if you're moving it. LMK thanks.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(04-23-2012, 12:55 PM)iconms Wrote: He's higher than 12th in a lot of places I have seen.

I picked him in my keeper league this year so I've been trying to read up as much as possible. Haven't really seen any comparisons (as opposed to the other big SS prospect, Machado, who they compare to a young A-Rod).

anyway might be interested in his Chrome AU if you're moving it. LMK thanks.
I will take a pic or a scan & post it. I am probably going to trade the card.

Check me for it if youre trading. Thanks!
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]