• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lower pricing to get more members
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: Lower pricing to get more members
(04-24-2012 08:40 PM)iconms Wrote:  LOL nice

in retrospect, beckett charges less

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 09:04 PM by the great 48.)
(04-24-2012 08:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  in retrospect, beckett charges less

Not necessarily, I was approached by a "night lady" at a stop light in Columbus that only wanted $10...
But I guess I went off topic as it was for craigslist services, lol

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
04-24-2012, 09:09 PM
(04-24-2012 09:04 PM)the great 48 Wrote:  Not necessarily, I was approached by a "night lady" at a stop light in Columbus that only wanted $10...
But I guess I went off topic as it was for craigslist services, lol

i like the classy ones that advertise on CL.

04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
i think we found the craigslist killer

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
04-24-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 10:05 PM by jacobystealshome.)
(04-24-2012 09:26 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  i think we found the craigslist killer

[redacted because a mom joke would be too personal]

while for some reason you really dont like me - i have no idea who the hell you are - i wont go for the cheap whore laugh

04-25-2012, 01:30 AM
(04-24-2012 06:23 PM)the great 48 Wrote:  I understand that but I think he was going after the "online services" comparison for the most part. Even though they have nothing in common other than that.

And yeah, as long as Ive been here beckett just repeats it self with idiot noobs and guys most cant stand. Then they leave and the cycle repeats itself. Guess Im one of those idiots Smile

you can still stand me right? Even though I wont trade you that Gordon?

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]
current sets:
2004 Sweet Spot Signatures: 27/83 (33%)
96-97 Skybox Premium Autographics: 5/93 (5%)
11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75
04-25-2012, 06:31 AM
(04-25-2012 01:30 AM)swjrp10 Wrote:  you can still stand me right? Even though I wont trade you that Gordon?

NOPE!!! Wink

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
04-25-2012, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2012 05:20 PM by chrisa19978.)
(04-24-2012 07:45 AM)ceocards Wrote:  I happily paid the monthly fee before I was a moderator. As I said, it's significantly cheaper than the alternatives (paper magazine), and includes hundreds if not thousands times the data in the magazine, is more up to date, and comes with the organize software (even with its glitches, it's better than using an excel spreadsheet which is what I was using before).

How does beckett charge more for unlimited? The fact that movies and sports card pricing information are entirely different industries aside, your argument isn't even true. What's the price of a mag these days? 7-8 bucks? You'd have to buy baseball, football, hockey, basketball, racing, + non sports (I don't even know if all those magazines exist, but you get my point) - that's 40-50 bucks in magazines right there, and you only get a fraction of the data in the online guide, and it's outdated by the time you pick up the magazine.

I don't in any way think Beckett is perfect, and have said so many times. But at least make logical and sensible arguments - this doesn't even pass the smell test, sorry.

I am going to disagree with it being outdated as prices don't change that much especially on old cards. I have copied all the Derek Jeter cards on an excel file and did the equation for the total sum of all cards and 6 months later I did the same and there was barley a difference but yet I see cards that sell for 10 or more times what backett list them as and yet no change.

Example:
1996 Stadium Club Silver #23 Kirby Puckett beckett dosen't even have it listed for $1.00 as its cheaper than that but the last 2 on ebay sold for over $40.00 and I know they don't base there prices off just ebay but come on I am sure if there selling that high there selling for atleast half that on other sites. Most people try and get deals on ebay. I can name a ton of Derek Jeter cards I own as well that sell way over beckett price not to mention sets like 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview. So I feel when they raised the prices they could do a better job on watching sales because if you look alot of cards they show the last sale being in like 2004 and thats a lie right there. Also look at all the N/A prices they put up and you see there cards steadily sell for $40.00 to $50.00 so what is there a N/A still. I think if the price guide was updated better $31.00 would be a fair price but watch when I leave to Diego Garcia I will not subscribe to a price guide but I will keep those prices I have on excel and I am telling you a year leter there will not be uch of a change maybe 5% of the cards will have a different value and thats being modest as it will probably be less than that. I have seen cards listed for $5.00 one day and jump to $200.00 the next day as well. I mean wow how dose something like that happen on the online priceing. Though me and the guy who posted this thread are not on good terms the way I see it I do have to agree with him on this just because they don't do enough to get the money there getting from people buying the price guide. I have handed list of a set that was not correct in the price guide and showed photo evidence as well of most of the cards from the set to Brian Fleischer and he said he was going to fix it and 2 months later it still has not been done. So if they move that fast on adding things how long would it take to change a price? Sorry but you also were paying when the price was a few dollars cheaper as well and there was no reason to do that. Beckett in some ways has become money hungry and lost the customer sevice as I have heard all the stories so much I don't even try as I will not call them.
(04-24-2012 03:38 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  i do pay for it but its still a rip off but im a collector nut who needs it. and go back to acting crazy on here like you are and posting 1 mil times a day all your drama.

You started crap with me on my opnion so I don't believe you have much room to talk on this one. Thats my 2 cents.
(04-24-2012 09:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  i like the classy ones that advertise on CL.

LOL awsome. You mean the ones you pick up on the street corner are not classy. Man I have been doing it all wrong.
(04-24-2012 10:01 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  [redacted because a mom joke would be too personal]

while for some reason you really dont like me - i have no idea who the hell you are - i wont go for the cheap whore laugh

mrhurtado17 is the MMA master he knows everything and can tell you who will win every fight and I am the dummy there because I feel Fighter A would beat fighter B, but he feels Fighter B will beat fighter A and he has to be right because he is the expert. But I can't get a reason from anyone there why and they take my words and change them up.

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 302 out of 303 99% complete.

1242/1921 1990's Jeter cards 64%

Photobucket link.
http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n614/chris19978_2/

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]
04-25-2012, 06:10 PM
You guys all crack me up!!

Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]
04-25-2012, 07:22 PM
how about we just raise the online pricing and move on...

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
Thread Closed