`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mich Richmond SP 1994-95 BUYBACK AUTO ???? legit??

Mich Richmond SP 1994-95 BUYBACK AUTO ???? legit??
Can anybody validate if this is a legit "buyback" auto? Guy says he lost the COA. Also says it was pulled from 1998 Sp. I only bought a couple packs of that year, so I am not familiar with that years product. Any help is appreciated.

I checked Beckett Database, but did not see it listed. I asked the person with the card to email me the serial number of the hologram on the back of the card, which I could not see from the scans he has online. I am going to try & get a hold of UD to verify with them.

1998 SP Authentic Buyback Auto Mitch Richmond 1994-95 SP #141
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

RE: Mich Richmond SP 1994-95 BUYBACK AUTO ???? legit??
no coa than stay away!!!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

I am thinking the same thing, I wanted to verify if it was real or not with UD... the guy has a Malone with COA, same year.. says it's a buyback. Haven't checked if that ones shows up on beckett database yet.. will check tomorrow. got to hit the sheets. it's late.
*United States Navy*

There is one listed in the beckett database:
1997-98 SP Authentic BuyBack #31 Mitch Richmond 94-5/95

I would be interested in the Malone if the guy is willing to get rid of it.

(04-23-2012, 01:28 AM)kct1 Wrote: There is one listed in the beckett database:
1997-98 SP Authentic BuyBack #31 Mitch Richmond 94-5/95
Yeah if it's legit it's almost certainly that one. They did a bunch of buybacks in that product and I believe that was one of them. If legit and you pick it up I'd LOVE a shot at it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

scan would be nice
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

thanks... I didn't find it, because of the '94-5/95' strange how beckett put the date..

All the buyback cards from that year don't look like they are serialized... can anybody verify? The ones I've seen are not serialized... meaning that anybody can sell the original without COA, then sale a fake with COA... & double their money.. I more likely will pass on the Mitch Richmond, unless I can verify it's a real buyback...

Mitch Richmond 94-5/95 print run /95
Karl Malone 94-5/95 pring run /187
*United States Navy*

I know some of them are numbered on the card. Here are some that I have seen. Please note that I do not own any of these cards, but use them for reference.

[Image: a682_3.jpg]
[Image: aa93_3.jpg]
[Image: d72d_1_sbl.jpg]
[Image: e92a_1_sbl.jpg]
[Image: MaloneBuyback.jpg]

bballkm32... thanks. I see serial numbers on most "buyback" so that is why I am so curious.

The last picture has the COA with what I would think be an id number (serial number), even though the card itself is not serialized (hand written serial), I would think that the serial number on the sticker of the COA would be the same as on the back of the card. The seller said there was no serial number. The last card in the picture is from the same set as the Mitch Richmond I am interested in. Seems sketchy to me... below is response I got. On another note, all "buybacks" should be listed in Beckett. With the help of fellow Beckett Members, the 94/95 SP were found. Thanks for all those that helped.

"the hologram on the back is the square hologram used for the first buyback released by UD in 98 SP authentic product. There is no number on it like in the later years.
For this card you have to note also that I have lost the certificate that comes with it. I know (an am 100% sure it is) this card is authentic but I can understand you have some doubt aboput it. In that case it is better for you to not bid on it.
Regarding UD listing of its buyback it is not easy to have a full list of what they ever issue in any year. I have many other UD official buyback with certificates that do not appear in either UD listing or Beckett listing"
*United States Navy*