`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expired Redemptions still accepted

RE: Expired Redemptions still accepted
lol. i just entered my 2 rookie redemptions I had for 07-08 Ultra and they claim they're sending David Peron & Sam Gagner. I sure would have preferred Carey Price, but we'll see
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

i tried this 09/10 ud artifacts oilers rc redemption. didn't work before it expired, still doesn't.

(04-23-2012, 05:10 PM)arena_guy Wrote: I sometimes open some of the older products with the expired redemptions. The last few times I pulled these I went to the company's website and entered the redemption code. I received a "sorry, this redemption is expired..." message. So no luck here.

I wonder what would happen if I tried snail mailing the expired redemption to the card company with a really, really nice note, saying how I spent a lot of money (and will spend more) on their products and that I would like to receive something for the redemption.

Anyone tried something like that?
I was going to call them. This was the first box my son helped me open. He's 6 and a huge Red Wings fan. His mom went to Michigan State, so he likes them too - Ryan Miller would have been a great first hit for him.

We'll see if they have a heart, or if a 6 year old has to learn the redemption lesson early.

Just actually did a 2007-08 Artifacts myself tonight:

Congratulations Scott!

On 4/23/2012 6:29:44 PM, we received your online redemption for: 2007-08 NHL Artifacts Hockey Rookie Redemptions; Athlete: Rookie #240
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(04-23-2012, 07:59 PM)madmack29 Wrote: I was going to call them. This was the first box my son helped me open. He's 6 and a huge Red Wings fan. His mom went to Michigan State, so he likes them too - Ryan Miller would have been a great first hit for him.

We'll see if they have a heart, or if a 6 year old has to learn the redemption lesson early.

I wouldnt get your hopes up, but i do hope they do something nice for you. They havent done anything about my Roy Auto, and i played the "but im in AUSTRALIAAAAA, surely you want your business in other markets" card lol. Best of luck for getting either the card, or something nice as a replacement.

[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

They accepted my 07-08 Artifacts rookie as well. Have not received it yet but will keep updated on the progress.
Beckett Banner

I think you guys can see a pattern here can't you? If it is a simple Artifacts/ Ultra rookie redemption it is no issue. If they are more sophisticated autographs, patch cards etc. Gooooooooooood luck. As soon as they are expired and off the books they get used for appeasing other po'ed customers on other QA issues until they run out. I mean try all you want and see but I have roughly 40 expired redemptions and some of them are for sick cards. It should not be allowed just like expired gift cards.....illegal! How are shops supposed to get rid of old inventory?

(04-24-2012, 02:23 PM)rippinwax Wrote: I think you guys can see a pattern here can't you? If it is a simple Artifacts/ Ultra rookie redemption it is no issue. If they are more sophisticated autographs, patch cards etc. Gooooooooooood luck. As soon as they are expired and off the books they get used for appeasing other po'ed customers on other QA issues until they run out. I mean try all you want and see but I have roughly 40 expired redemptions and some of them are for sick cards. It should not be allowed just like expired gift cards.....illegal!
Not entirely sure of some of the older boxes but I know the newer ones contain an explicit warning which protects them legally. From the 2011-12 box of Crown Royale: "This package may contain redemption cards that expire 18 months after the release of this product." I guess in that way it's not, technically, false advertising.

Quote: How are shops supposed to get rid of old inventory?

Older boxes may contain hidden gems and not redemptions, although you still run the risk of pulling a redemption.
My expired redemptions:

(1) 2001/02 Be A Player Draft Redemption Florida Panthers #10 (Dan Blackburn). This is when In The Game was doing BAP and you had to send it through the mail in order to redeem.

[Image: redeem.jpg]

(2) 2007/2008 BAP Rookie Redemption #RED-314 (Kyle Turris). I tried this card again after typing the above and get this: "This redemption offer is now expired. Unfortunately, late entries cannot be honored and our inventory is now depleted. We apologize that we can no longer assist you with this promotion." Denied.

I now forget what it was but I had another redemption from Upper Deck which I was told was unavailable even though it wasn't expired. They sent me a replacement card: a graded 2001-02 Challenge for the Cup #111 Mike Matteucci. It was an 8.5 grading and the card was supposed to be "of similar market value" to the redemption card, which was probably an autographed card. Although I understand the appeal of graded cards, they are not for me.

At the very least it's just bad business to not honor the product you are producing, but all of the companies do it, so if you want to collect, whaddya gonna do?

(04-24-2012, 03:39 PM)arena_guy Wrote: Not entirely sure of some of the older boxes but I know the newer ones contain an explicit warning which protects them legally. From the 2011-12 box of Crown Royale: "This package may contain redemption cards that expire 18 months after the release of this product." I guess in that way it's not, technically, false advertising.
Well all I know just because you say you are ripping people off like the warning above, does not make it right. With gift card expirys here in Canada, the government made it illegal to expire gift cards and now it is law. You pay cash for the card it should never expire just like a redemption. Should I tell them that my cheque "expired" when I paid for it and so sorry but your not getting your money. I wonder how they would feel? It is all a form of fraud IMO. Do not use the it is an administrative nightmare excuse either. If it is supposed to be in the product, it should be in there. Do you buy a car without tires because they did not "get them back from the supplier"? I am down $100,000's of dollars from cracking wax over the years (my fault, no one elses) and this frustration just adds to that. Give me what I paid for.

(04-24-2012, 02:23 PM)rippinwax Wrote: I think you guys can see a pattern here can't you? If it is a simple Artifacts/ Ultra rookie redemption it is no issue. If they are more sophisticated autographs, patch cards etc. Gooooooooooood luck. As soon as they are expired and off the books they get used for appeasing other po'ed customers on other QA issues until they run out. I mean try all you want and see but I have roughly 40 expired redemptions and some of them are for sick cards. It should not be allowed just like expired gift cards.....illegal! How are shops supposed to get rid of old inventory?
not quite the pattern you think....ultra 07-08 works but not 08-09 and they certainly arent autos or jerseys
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins