`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this card exist?

Does this card exist?
I have put together 29 of the 30 cards for a complete set of 2005 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere Gold parallels. Beckett shows the set as having 30 cards, yet I have never seen the gold parallel for the checklist card, even though Beckett does list it in the card database.
http://www.beckett.com/football/2005/upp...rd-2873498
Has anyone ever seen this card? Does anyone have one that they would be willing to trade?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Does this card exist?
(04-22-2012, 12:24 AM)djohn Wrote: I have put together 29 of the 30 cards for a complete set of 2005 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere Gold parallels. Beckett shows the set as having 30 cards, yet I have never seen the gold parallel for the checklist card, even though Beckett does list it in the card database.
http://www.beckett.com/football/2005/upp...rd-2873498
Has anyone ever seen this card? Does anyone have one that they would be willing to trade?
I did some looking around and I saw places that had the regular version to the checklist card and I did spot one seller in the Beckett marketplace that has the platinum version but no gold version. I would think that if the platinum version is out there, the gold would be as well. Try searching with "2005 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere Platinum #30 Checklist Card" in the Marketplace to see it.

Good luck with tracking it down!

I don't think they made them I just went through a box of old checklists where I found gold versions from 2004 and none from 2005. The 2005 back holograms are all the same regardless of gold, or platinum. I only opened 4 cases in 2004 and 10 in 2005 so for me to not have any makes them extremely SP or not made. As I don't recall ever pulling them to the side or selling them. If I didn't pull them to the side in 2004, I don't think I would have pulled them to the side in 2005.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(04-22-2012, 07:33 AM)jplarson Wrote: I did some looking around and I saw places that had the regular version to the checklist card and I did spot one seller in the Beckett marketplace that has the platinum version but no gold version. I would think that if the platinum version is out there, the gold would be as well. Try searching with "2005 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere Platinum #30 Checklist Card" in the Marketplace to see it.

Good luck with tracking it down!
I have the platinum one. The platinum parallels were inserted as a complete set (i.e. one set per case was entirely a platinum parallel). The gold cards were inserted as a bonus card at a rate of one per set.
(04-22-2012, 04:24 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I don't think they made them I just went through a box of old checklists where I found gold versions from 2004 and none from 2005. The 2005 back holograms are all the same regardless of gold, or platinum. I only opened 4 cases in 2004 and 10 in 2005 so for me to not have any makes them extremely SP or not made. As I don't recall ever pulling them to the side or selling them. If I didn't pull them to the side in 2004, I don't think I would have pulled them to the side in 2005.
I don't think the card exists either, but I am not 100% sure and I am even more confused since Beckett has pricing for the card. How can they have pricing if it doesn't exist?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

(04-23-2012, 12:02 PM)djohn Wrote: I don't think the card exists either, but I am not 100% sure and I am even more confused since Beckett has pricing for the card. How can they have pricing if it doesn't exist?
hehe that's nothing new.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(04-23-2012, 10:56 PM)rare unreleased Wrote: hehe that's nothing new.
Yea, I know. It's just funny that the set has always been listed as 30 cards in Beckett. I am pretty sure the reason is that they never paid attention and just priced the gold parallels with a multiplier and hence got the price of the checklist card that way. It is just frustrating, as I want to be 100% certain that I have actually completed this set and that there isn't some really rare gold checklist parallel out there (as that might all of a sudden bring in some serious money if it was some SSP, as the checklist is a group shot that has Aaron Rodgers).

(04-23-2012, 11:05 PM)djohn Wrote: Yea, I know. It's just funny that the set has always been listed as 30 cards in Beckett. I am pretty sure the reason is that they never paid attention and just priced the gold parallels with a multiplier and hence got the price of the checklist card that way. It is just frustrating, as I want to be 100% certain that I have actually completed this set and that there isn't some really rare gold checklist parallel out there (as that might all of a sudden bring in some serious money if it was some SSP, as the checklist is a group shot that has Aaron Rodgers).
Knowing what you know now, if you do indeed find them, i would buy any and all up as they appear. In the long run, it could be a nice investment.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(04-23-2012, 12:02 PM)djohn Wrote: I have the platinum one. The platinum parallels were inserted as a complete set (i.e. one set per case was entirely a platinum parallel). The gold cards were inserted as a bonus card at a rate of one per set.
I don't think the card exists either, but I am not 100% sure and I am even more confused since Beckett has pricing for the card. How can they have pricing if it doesn't exist?
I understand there is 1 platinum set per case. So when you open the box you know the checklist is a platinum however. How do you visually tell the difference between the platinum and regular checklist? There is no foil on the checklist and the holograms on the back are identical. The regular checklist matches the color of the platinum cards and not the regular silver based cards.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(04-24-2012, 09:13 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I understand there is 1 platinum set per case. So when you open the box you know the checklist is a platinum however. How do you visually tell the difference between the platinum and regular checklist? There is no foil on the checklist and the holograms on the back are identical. The regular checklist matches the color of the platinum cards and not the regular silver based cards.
I never realized that. I will have to pull out my case and check the platinum checklist card and compare it to the base set checklist to see if I can find a difference. If there truly is no difference, then I would expect that they didn't make a gold one and that if I really wanted I could just add a base checklist to the set to make the set "complete".