`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck Together Cards Remedy?

Stuck Together Cards Remedy?
So a friend of mine dropped off two 5000 ct boxes of 1993 Upper Deck unsorted baseball and a lot of the cards are stuck together. I've already pulled 17 Jeters from here without much trouble but some chunks of the boxes contained cards stuck together. I've seen this before with a lot of sets from the 90's and early 00's as companies began making things glossier and prettier. Gets worse if the cards were left stacked or packed tight.

The question is, anyone know of a pretty good way to get these cards apart without damaging them? I suspect there are some more Jeters in these boxes and if I can get them without damaging them I'd like to of course.

My investment in the boxes was low...$0 so I'm not gonna complain too much if I have to scrap a bunch of the cards.

RE: Stuck Together Cards Remedy?
I had the same experience with my boxes of 1993 UD. I used a hairdryer on warm and that worked better than bending and cracking the blocks of cards but wasn't 100% effective.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(04-21-2012, 10:36 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I had the same experience with my boxes of 1993 UD. I used a hairdryer on warm and that worked better than bending and cracking the blocks of cards but wasn't 100% effective.
Thanks - I'll give that a shot on a chunk and see how it goes.

Anyone else try some other approaches?

if you can get any kind of space at all you might try a letter opener or finger nail file and gently wiggle them apart.