`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Am I being scammed?

Update: Am I being scammed?
So I sold 2 foil card serial #ered inserts from the mid 90's that are worth about $15 each. On the safe side i listed both as NM ( Near Mint ). They both went off for $1.75 EACH!

Just got an item not as described email saying one of them had a tiny dink on one corner that did not show in scan. Said he didn't know about my refund policy, BUT to "make him happy" he would accept a $1.50 - $2 refund on the card.

It ended at $1.75, but wants up to $2 to make happy?

I replied that the card was listed as NM ( near mint ) which at grading standards can go as low as a BGS or PSA 7 and said that since it was so small and not visible on the scan that I am positive it would meet that standard.
I offered him to refund if he returns it as long as he pays shipping or I would offer a 30% refund if he wants to keep.

I also though that if I refund after he returns that means he would have got free shipping in the card he keeps PLUS I threw 2 other $1 cards for free.

How would you guys handle this?

RE: Am I being scammed?
What's their feedback score? What's their recent feedback?
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Their feedback is well over 1000. Buyers can't receive negative feedback on eBay.
Mine is also well over 1000 with 100% positive recently selling over 50 items.

It's a buck 75 I'd refund it and move on

Like above, I'd just move on.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

I would make him return it for a full refund. If he is not happy I would take the cards back. He dosen't get the money back till the card is returned.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

This way he gets his money back and both of you pay for shipping. I don't do the discount thing. People expect near mint to be in mint condition or there not happy all the time. He was probably going to grade it and flip it for 10 to 20 times what he paid for it.

(04-21-2012, 02:36 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: It's a buck 75 I'd refund it and move on
+1

And block him from future bidding
(04-21-2012, 02:54 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I would make him return it for a full refund. If he is not happy I would take the cards back. He dosen't get the money back till the card is returned.
Normally I'd agree, but it's a buck 75 for crying out loud. Not worth the time or energy to mess around with a refund/return.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I disagree with giving a star card ( Greg Maddux ) serial #ered to 2500 Leag Gold Stars card away for free.
So to the "it's just a $1.75" crowd, it's worth even in NM at least $15. Plus I know I can sell it for more than $1.75 given a second chance.

I have 100% feedback as a seller and have bent over backwards for ppl in the past, but refuse to believe just giving it to him for free ( after I gave 2 other serial #ered cards for free to him as throwins ) is the answer.

(04-21-2012, 03:21 PM)ceocards Wrote: +1

And block him from future bidding

Normally I'd agree, but it's a buck 75 for crying out loud. Not worth the time or energy to mess around with a refund/return.
Not really about the money for me its just my belief if everyone did this that people would not complain unless they were truely unhappy with the card. To give a discount on a card they bid on seems to me as they just wanna sucker you. I am all for getting the card back in refunding as you don't pay for the shipping back. If he is truly unhappy with that as well block him after you recieve the card back and refund him.