`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about a STRANGE card

Question about a STRANGE card
I ran across this card and picked it up. I have never seen anything like it and I didnt know if anyone had ever heard of this before.

It is a Chipper Jones card with a Topps Football back.

Is it an error? Some sort of fake?

Any insight would be appreciated.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

SPC VanHook
US Army

RE: Question about a STRANGE card
It's not a fake - It is a printing screw up by Topps. They did this with a lot of cards in 1991. I have 3 different Barry Larkins with football backs from that year. They usually sell at a small premium to player collectors. Non-Player collectors would probably not be interested in it and just consider it a misprint.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

I'm VERY interested in that......if you're looking to trade it, pm me.....I don't think it's worth a whole lot since it's just a printer error and they happen a lot...I'm just a Chipper collector. I'll trade over what it's worth.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(04-21-2012, 03:34 PM)krykslr Wrote: I'm VERY interested in that......if you're looking to trade it, pm me.....I don't think it's worth a whole lot since it's just a printer error and they happen a lot...I'm just a Chipper collector. I'll trade over what it's worth.

I've seen tons of these printing errors with the exact same back. Really they aren't worth all the much except to guys like us. The last few I've seen only sold for a few bucks. However, there is a graded 9.5 on the bay right now for $15,000 bin. I think he is about $14, 980 off on what he'll get though. I'll stand in line after Krykslr if you are looking to trade it.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

Thanks for the information.

I wasn't wanting to give it up. I am a Braves fan, and i LOVE error cards.

But thanks again for helping me out.

SPC VanHook