`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Search in org not working
04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Search in org not working
(04-23-2012 11:39 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote:  Im having the same problem right now. I go to my PC folder for example, I search "2010 Chicle" in this collection and after searching the entire collection comes right back up.
I finally just decided to purchase the org for the year and now this. I don't understand how this site can always only be compatible with 1 version of 1 browser at anytime.
When I click on that link nothing even opens for me..

EDIT: I did refresh the page after clicking on the collection and then searched and it came up.. i don't mind the extra steps too much but its weird.

Hello,

Are you using internet explorer? If so, when you click on the link it will not come up because that's how internet explorer handles scripts. This is not a bug, it just makes troubleshooting the issue harder. Is this what you were talking about regarding the site not working in multiple browsers?

If you find something that does not work in your browser but it does in some other browser, please report it here. If it is a problem with the website functionality, it has got to be fixed. The site must work in all browsers, though, it may not always look the best or perform the fastest.

Everyone who has had this issue has reported that it has been fixed and I did nothing other than try to identify the problem. I am confident that the problem here is being caused by the javascript file I've been linking to being cached longer than expected.

If you like, I can go into more in depth debug steps to figure out where the problem is. I'd prefer to do it through PM, so I don't send tons of users through a bunch of advanced steps that could confuse/frustrate them.

Could you try holding down the CTRL key and pressing refresh a couple times on the page that is having the problem? If the problem remains after doing that, please PM me and I will do more investigation with your help.

Hope this helps!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 08:11 PM by jimbell.)
I cannot search either for the same reason as the original poster. Please help.
(04-20-2012 10:17 PM)krn001 Wrote:  1 issue using IE9, i go to look for a player in my org using "all collections" to search in. It acts like its searching but returns to the page i was on & didn't find the player. I went into all items & tried a search but again, it won't find the player & the page looks as if all i did was refresh the page.

This is the exact problem that I am having.

Jim

Collect - Patrick Roy, Eric Lindros, Jonathon Toews, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos, Sidney Crosby, Nikoli Kulemin, Jordan Staal, Carey Price, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn.

CHECK OUT MY JERSEY CARD COLLECTION TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU NEED AND WANT TO TRADE FOR
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
(04-23-2012 07:41 PM)jimbell Wrote:  I cannot search either for the same reason as the original poster. Please help.

This is the exact problem that I am having.

when this first was happening to me, i cleared my cache, reloaded my browser, relogged back in, and it was working fine

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
(04-23-2012 03:17 PM)cbankston Wrote:  Hello,

Are you using internet explorer? If so, when you click on the link it will not come up because that's how internet explorer handles scripts. This is not a bug, it just makes troubleshooting the issue harder. Is this what you were talking about regarding the site not working in multiple browsers?

If you find something that does not work in your browser but it does in some other browser, please report it here. If it is a problem with the website functionality, it has got to be fixed. The site must work in all browsers, though, it may not always look the best or perform the fastest.

Everyone who has had this issue has reported that it has been fixed and I did nothing other than try to identify the problem. I am confident that the problem here is being caused by the javascript file I've been linking to being cached longer than expected.

If you like, I can go into more in depth debug steps to figure out where the problem is. I'd prefer to do it through PM, so I don't send tons of users through a bunch of advanced steps that could confuse/frustrate them.

Could you try holding down the CTRL key and pressing refresh a couple times on the page that is having the problem? If the problem remains after doing that, please PM me and I will do more investigation with your help.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response. It works fine with my Chrome at home, but with IE at work it was doign funny things. It seems to be working pretty well now. I cleared my cookies and nothing happened. But after I refreshed the page and signed back in it has worked since. I would suggest to everyone having this problem to refresh their organize page once they get there before searching as this seems to fix the problem.

[Image: 3806974.jpg]
Shane Victorino Supercollector and Set Builder