`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to start a PC for my 2 year old son...

I want to start a PC for my 2 year old son...
Matt Flynn and Jacob Hester came to mind..being an LSU boys. Do you think his card prices are too high? What do you guys/gals do for a kids PC? Do you go low end to get a big collection quickly or a bigger name player which would take more money to get a bigger collection?

Any input would be helpful. Smile
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: I want to start a PC for my 2 year old son...
My kids - well one of them - is a fan of Michael Palmer - Falcons 3rd stringer - but went to her elementary school and has read to her school on "Reading Rocks" night for two years.

She has a little collection - but loves when we get more cards of him in the mail.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I think cheaper cards are cool so they can handle them more, as they get older, then get autos so that they learn an appreciation for a more valuable card. My daughter is 20 months old and loves it when I hand her a football card. I can't wait til she has a favorite player. When she is asked my wife has already trained her to say that her favorite player is Tim Tebow. I bought her a Tebow/Elways Gridiron Lineage Topps from my LCS.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

All I can say is you'll get a package next week, which isn't much but a start for your son.
Eddie George Super Collector

Thanks for the input. Zero...very much appreciated!
Will post pics of a happy boy Smile
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Personally, I'd wait til he was older and maybe picks a favorite of his own otherwise you may be just accumulating something he'd have no interest in. My son just turned 5 and is a huge wrestling fan so I've decided to pickup a few autos of his favorite guys (and will have them BGS slabbed eventually). So far he loves it and getting their "messages" lol, hopefully like this I can get him into the hobby I love through something he does!

I'd start with commons and inserts now. Start showing him early about protectors and get a shoebox. Teach him a little bit about how to handle a card. Definitely use toploaders so he can have a great memory of you showing him the hobby and the cards will still be in great shape. I know this is a not well liked but I'd put a little tape at the top of the loader to make sure the card stays in. That way he can throw 'em, hold 'em upside down and all is still good Smile

my son is 2 and has a pc of josh morgan (he pulled a morgan auto in his first pack ever so i figured that was a sign to start there). i buy and trade for everything of morgan for him. i store them in penny sleeve, top loader and team bags so he can run around with them. he understands to put them back when he's done toting them around. haven't had a damaged card yet doing it this way. i let him take the cards out of the mailers and carry them with him for a bit when they come in. that's about the extent of his interest right now. i say don't expect a lot at first just keep giving him the opportunity to do with it what he wants. and i can send him some stuff too if i had your addy. dont have a ton of the guys your thinking but it can be a start and see what he does with them.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson