Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivan Rodriguez to retire :(

Ivan Rodriguez to retire :(
http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id...ource-says
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

RE: Ivan Rodriguez to retire :(
I was a Pudge fan (especially during his Detroit days). I was just talking to my buddy about this and we were saying that it's kind of weird that no one would take a flyer on him. Especially considering all the crappy catchers and backups on MLB rosters right now. Must be something the GMs know that we don't....I don't think he was asking for much salary, but who knows. I think his HOF chances could only benefit by delaying the clock another year. in any event, I have a lot of great memories of him and think of him as one of the top catchers of all time. happy trails, Ivan...
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

He was one of the best but played in a dark era. Have to wait 5 years to see what some people think Wink
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I was really hoping he would sign and play one more year. At least he is retiring as a Ranger, which is something I really hoped would happen. Now it's just the wait for Cooperstown.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Greatest catcher I ever had the privelege of watching.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

definitely one of the best all around catchers ever! Farewell Pudge and here's to a happy retirement-
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Know something we don't??? Um yeah he's old.

(04-18-2012, 09:10 PM)djohn Wrote: I was really hoping he would sign and play one more year. At least he is retiring as a Ranger, which is something I really hoped would happen. Now it's just the wait for Cooperstown.
I was a fan when he was in Texas. As far the Hall, it's a wait and see since he was in with the rest of that Rangers steroids group.

I will miss watching him play. If there is anything I have learned as I have gotten older is to not take things for granted. That includes sports for me. I missed half of Chase Utley's career because I simply didn't pay as much attention as I should have. Pudge is one of the players I would really pay attention to as the years went on. This being Chipper's last year I will also make it a point to go see him play one more time.

I know I am kind of late commenting on this but I stumbled across it when i did a search. He is the reason why I collect! He was my hero growing up other than my dad.

I know that he will always be linked to can gayo seco but IMO he WALKS into the hall but of course Im biased!