`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Create Your Own Item
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 01:53 PM by coimbre 21.)
Create Your Own Item
Moving from the help forum to a suggestion.

I'd like to be able to create and add my own items in My Organize.

When recently adding a couple of Yaz cards to my Yaz Organize Collection, I noticed a listing for a 1968 Louisville Slugger Famous Sluggers booklet with Yaz and Clemente on the cover. I have it, so I added it to my collection.

I also saw entries for items like SI issues and McFarlane figures but many other things are not there like books, other magazines, gloves, bats, autographed balls, etc.

I wouldn't expect any associated pricing from Beckett for anything I created but at least I could catalog all my Yaz and other collectibles in one place along with my cards.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: Create Your Own Item
Here Here! I would love this option as well.

[Image: madhatter_BBF.jpg]
05-27-2012, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2012 10:39 AM by thelegendjerryrice.)
(05-26-2012 05:50 PM)madhatter74 Wrote:  Here Here! I would love this option as well.

I will 3rd that idea lol Actually had this thought earlier today myself.

I have a few things I would like to add to my ORG....

[Image: thelegendjerryrice_zps1992b230.jpg]
Sig by phinzphan1372

Looking 2 trade all my Basketball..

My PC Threads.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1471539.html
05-27-2012, 01:49 PM
the only caveat i say this would have to happen, is a special marking on it, to let folks know it was user-created, and not part of the official database. in theory, i could create a "variation" to a card, and try to pass it off as official

also, would these be hyperlinked to a individual item page, like how items are now in the database?

i like the general idea, but there has to be some safeguards put in place to avoid fraud

Sawyer MacMillan Blue: coming october 20th, a few blocks away from the Cathedral of Baseball
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe they are just items I create in my OWN organize, and not necessarily available to the public?

06-11-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 09:10 PM by coimbre 21.)
(05-27-2012 01:49 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  the only caveat i say this would have to happen, is a special marking on it, to let folks know it was user-created, and not part of the official database. in theory, i could create a "variation" to a card, and try to pass it off as official

also, would these be hyperlinked to a individual item page, like how items are now in the database?

i like the general idea, but there has to be some safeguards put in place to avoid fraud

Good idea on special marking. The hyperlink did not cross my mind but also another good idea. I agree with fraud concerns though . . . not sure it's something to rely on for a transaction.
(05-27-2012 01:57 PM)madhatter74 Wrote:  Maybe they are just items I create in my OWN organize, and not necessarily available to the public?

This was more along the lines of what I was thinking, for my own use. Maybe have an option to display in public or not. Nice Yaz sig. Even though Clemente is in my avatar, Yaz has always been the man.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
06-13-2012, 06:37 AM
GREAT idea! I have several cards that arent in the database, along with some TTM autos I'd like to enter seperately from the regular card.

NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]
R.I.P. Beckett
06-18-2012, 03:23 PM
(06-13-2012 06:37 AM)bselje Wrote:  GREAT idea! I have several cards that arent in the database, along with some TTM autos I'd like to enter seperately from the regular card.

So who do we petition to make it happen?

07-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I have have a book full of baseball and football cards what do i do with them.
07-04-2012, 07:01 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Red Sox fans (LOL) I agree a make your own item for just personal org would be great!

[Image: beginesj-sig.jpg]

https://sites.google.com/site/beginesjbaseballcards/home

Trying to be Mike Sweeney SUPERCOLLECTOR
Other Players I colllect: Gehrig/Jeter/Grant Desme/Mike Piazza