`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
(04-23-2012, 12:04 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jones would be just another Guy at HW.
thanks for the laugh, I needed it!
take a look at my organize, I have something you like...

[Image: imag0256s.jpg]

Who is he beating at HW? Give me a laugh..outside of gate-keepers..who is bones beating at HW. Give it some thought and analysis first, if you know anything about it.

(04-23-2012, 10:59 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jones pretty much gets rocked by any clean shot. He recovers, but he still retreats at any solid strike. Hendo.....hits harder than machida and rashad put together. Jones should train for this fight with a baseball bat.
I do agree that Dan has the most power that Jones has faced.....and reality is that he isn't worried about being rocked by Jones, he stands and bangs with ANYONE. The other thing is if anyone will get past the "reach advantage" it is Hendo, as he likes to get in the clinch and dirty box, just like Randy use to do.

That being said, if this goes past 3 rounds I think Jones wins it. I don't see Hendo being able to pull off the "lazy 5th round" he had against Shogun with Jones.

Jones absolutely has better cardio. But 3 rds with hendo is far from easy. Does he crack bones Psyche and get him out of his element (ie. Bones fave method of victory) ...who knows. All I know is Dan will be beaten in the cage..not the weigh-in.

Dan is one of my favorite fighters.....he will press Jones and keep coming forward. When they asked Hendo about Jones holes, he did bring up that in the last couple of fights he was getting tagged quite a bit......so I definitly think Hendo is going to stand with him. If he wants to put Jones on his back though, he definitly can.....but he will probably press him agianst the cage in order to do it. That all plays into Hendo's favor, because that is his style. That being said, I think Jones will be looking to sub Hendo....and the reach and length will help with that. I am pulling for Hendo....and think it would shake up the division a bit if he pulled this one off.

One thing I didn't see in the Jones vs Silva comments was the speed advantage that Silva has.....that and his accuracy are HUGE factors against Jones. Size isn't that big of a difference, Silva walks around well over 205 and would be fine at that weight. That being said, if it hit the ground I would think that Jones has a great chance of landing some devastating elbows.....that being said, Silva can handle himself on the ground as well, and has a pretty solid chin. I would love to see this fight, now even more so since Rashad and Jones 1 is done Smile!!!

Yea..according to some, Silva wouldn't stand a chance lol. Jones would drop him with the aura of his greatness.

(04-23-2012, 01:49 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: Yea..according to some, Silva wouldn't stand a chance lol. Jones would drop him with the aura of his greatness.
I have been waiting for Anderson to fall for a long time....I am not really a Silva fan, but if there is 1 guy in the UFC that could at least hang with any one in any division it is Silva. There is not a better striker in the UFC than Silva, and that alone puts him in any fight!!!

(04-23-2012, 06:48 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Chris..remember ignore? I hope aren't still posting to me
Thats only cause you didn't wanna answer a question you were wrong on and its fine with me as others can see. I am done PMing you as I proved my point there. I like Dan Henderson though and I am hoping for a better match than what Rashad Evans had against Jon Jones.
(04-23-2012, 03:00 PM)leedrane Wrote: I have been waiting for Anderson to fall for a long time....I am not really a Silva fan, but if there is 1 guy in the UFC that could at least hang with any one in any division it is Silva. There is not a better striker in the UFC than Silva, and that alone puts him in any fight!!!
The 185lb weight class is not a challenge to him and I heard a rumor that in Pride he fought 205lbs from a co-worker but I didn't watch pride so I am unsure of that anyone know if this was true?
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Sonnen had him. That fight reminds me a bit of how I think jones/hendo will go. Sonnen shocked Silva with his aggressiveness. Team quest can do it lol

(04-23-2012, 04:29 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Thats only cause you didn't wanna answer a question you were wrong on and its fine with me as others can see. I am done PMing you as I proved my point there. I like Dan Henderson though and I am hoping for a better match than what Rashad Evans had against Jon Jones.

The 185lb weight class is not a challenge to him and I heard a rumor that in Pride he fought 205lbs from a co-worker but I didn't watch pride so I am unsure of that anyone know if this was true?
In Pride he fought as low as 167 lbs.....Pride also had open weight fights, so you sometimes fought guys in higher divisions. Silva has been known to walk around between 220- 230 lbs....so he is not a small guy at all, he just cuts quite a bit of weight for each fight.