`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
(04-17-2012, 06:34 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: I think it the other way around. Jones is still an MMA novice fighting mostly on sheer athleticism. In Silva, he'd meet his match athletically, but where Silva wipes the mat with him is in striking and sheer instincts. He's proven against LHW's as well...I think its a disrespect to Silva to say a guy like Jones would beat him. Since....no one has legitimately longer than I can remember.
Oh yeah the proven Light Heavyweight fighters as well here is the ranking and Forrest is not even in the top 10 but you say Anderson Silva is a proven Light Heavyweight. I admit I do think Silva would do good in the Light Heavyweight Division as most of the Top 10 could not beat him and I honestly think there might only be 3 people on this list that he would be an underdog in my opnion with those would be Jon Jones, Rashad Evans and probably Lyoto Machida just because he is more of a defensive fighter and he would end up taking the fight to a decision and pull off the victory. Everyone else he would win against.But look in the Top 10 and Jones has beat 4 of them with ease and if he beats Evans which I believe he will but Evans will challenge him more than anyone else has then he will fight Dan Henderson and I believe he will win that as well and that could be 6 off this list. I also mention Silva had better strikeing but the reach will be his problem and if the fight goes to the ground Silva would be in alot of trouble and thats the main reason why I fell Jones would win, to much power to stop him from taking Silva to the ground and thats where the fight would end.

#1 Jon Jones 20.08%
#2 Rashad Evans 16.37%
#3 Dan Henderson 15.18%
#4 Mauricio Rua 13.28%
#5 Lyoto Machida 11.27%
#6 Alexander Gustafsson 6.52%
#7 Phil Davis 6.29%
#8 Ryan Bader 5.05%
#9 Quinton Jackson 3.74%
#10 Gegard Mousasi 2.22%
Honorable mentions: Forrest Griffin, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Anderson Silva
(04-18-2012, 02:10 PM)dwegner1 Wrote: so you are saying that silva matches up with jones athletically and "wipes the mat" with him on striking and instincts? what fights are you watching? bones is possibly the most athletic fighter out there in his size category (185 lb+) and his striking is even more unpredictable than silva. I dont know why you are telling chris its amateurish to say bones beats silva 8 out of 10 times, and then you say silva would wipe the mat with bones with parts of his game. thats crazy talk. neither of these guys would wipe the mat with either, they are 2 of the top 3 fighters in the world.

I gotta say your blueprint for a silva victory is majorly flawed. To plan and stand and strike with a guy with a large reach advantage is not something most fighters plan on doing. and I think he would have a very hard time trying to use his clinch work on the larger stronger bones.

finally we had a post last month asking who the #1 fighter in the world is...
my answer then and now... anderson silva. Just saying that I am not hating on silva, just pointing out the major problems he would have in fighting the larger, stronger, younger bones. even if this fight were to ever happen it would be years from now, so its a moot point anyway
This is why I say reach is a big advantage as well as strength. Silva would have to have a game plan to stick and move and hope he dosen't get taking to the ground.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(04-17-2012, 06:34 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: I think it the other way around. Jones is still an MMA novice fighting mostly on sheer athleticism. In Silva, he'd meet his match athletically, but where Silva wipes the mat with him is in striking and sheer instincts. He's proven against LHW's as well...I think its a disrespect to Silva to say a guy like Jones would beat him. Since....no one has legitimately longer than I can remember.
Can't answer the guy? How can you wipe the floor with someone who is stronger, and with a longer reach advantage. Guess you need to watch some MMA because you don't know that much either. But lets be serious I just think you wanted to argue and really have no answer on how Silva would win. It would make an interesting fight that alot of people would debate about the outcome. But I love the slience from you when something has been said you can't answer.

Take the hint...I'm not going on and on with tweedle dee and tweedle dum dum for 10 pages..I've moved on. Perhaps you should too..

(04-18-2012, 05:54 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: Take the hint...I'm not going on and on with tweedle dee and tweedle dum dum for 10 pages..I've moved on. Perhaps you should too..
So that means you have no answer on how Anderson Silva would wipe the floor with Jon Jones even know Jon Jones is bigger and stronger with a wrestling background that's Anderson Silva's weakness. Guess I won the debate

Wow...miss a couple of hours miss a some hate posts slinging back and forth.....Rashad Evans is a great fighter but his chances of beating Jones are slim to none. Look at his past 5 fights....Davis (decision) about as least dominating a 50-45 fight ive ever seen....Ortiz (KO/Submission) whatever you want to call what happened to Tito, and Ortiz almost submitted him in the fight......Rampage (Decision) almost got knocked out in R3.....Thiago Silva (decision) almost lost that fight via KO in R3....Machida (Loss via KO) quite possibly the best crumple job i have seen. Jones on the other hand Machida (Submission) Rampage (Submission) Rua (KO) Bader (Submission) Matyushenko (KO)

(04-18-2012, 07:15 PM)syaney Wrote: Wow...miss a couple of hours miss a some hate posts slinging back and forth.....Rashad Evans is a great fighter but his chances of beating Jones are slim to none. Look at his past 5 fights....Davis (decision) about as least dominating a 50-45 fight ive ever seen....Ortiz (KO/Submission) whatever you want to call what happened to Tito, and Ortiz almost submitted him in the fight......Rampage (Decision) almost got knocked out in R3.....Thiago Silva (decision) almost lost that fight via KO in R3....Machida (Loss via KO) quite possibly the best crumple job i have seen. Jones on the other hand Machida (Submission) Rampage (Submission) Rua (KO) Bader (Submission) Matyushenko (KO)
The topic was supposed to be about how Jon Jones was not the person who started the feud like the weblink that was removed as I emailed him on his mistakes and next thing you know someone is stating Jones should be a Heavyweight and I just stated then Silve should be a Light Heavyweight if you feel this way about Jones. Then the topic went way off track by people who just don't like Jon Jones as I never had any intentions on making this out to be who would win a fight between Jones and Silva but it did and I put my 2 cent in only to get bashed by 2 people who dislike Jon Jones but like Silva till the script was flipped on the one who just wanted to end it as he realized he mistake he made on why Silva would win as it made no sense as someone else pointed out.

Someone is 13 in here...hmm...any guesses? Can we just move on now?! GEEZ
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-18-2012, 02:24 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Oh yeah the proven Light Heavyweight fighters as well here is the ranking and Forrest is not even in the top 10 but you say Anderson Silva is a proven Light Heavyweight. I admit I do think Silva would do good in the Light Heavyweight Division as most of the Top 10 could not beat him and I honestly think there might only be 3 people on this list that he would be an underdog in my opnion with those would be Jon Jones, Rashad Evans and probably Llyoto Machida
There is no mma fighter on the planet that Vegas would list as an underdog to silva. (You could argue bones or gsp or jds but that's it.) I still think Anderson opens as the favorite. If they listed silva as a dog to Llyoto they'd lose their shirt.
take a look at my organize, I have something you like...

[Image: imag0256s.jpg]

(04-18-2012, 10:15 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Someone is 13 in here...hmm...any guesses? Can we just move on now?! GEEZ
Ok dude sorry but I am 34 this post was not supposed to be what it was about but somehow turned into it. You have your opnion I have mine but no one hear has given me a good reason why Silva could beat Jones. We can argue the point all day but until you give me reasons you will never change my mind.
(04-18-2012, 11:39 PM)bigken117 Wrote: There is no mma fighter on the planet that Vegas would list as an underdog to silva. (You could argue bones or gsp or jds but that's it.) I still think Anderson opens as the favorite. If they listed silva as a dog to Llyoto they'd lose their shirt.
I never said Machida would be a favorite I said he would give Silva fits because of his stick and move stlye of fighting. Machida is a distance type fighter doing just enough to win a round and if he gets the chance he will try to finish but not if it will put him in harms way. If we were going favorite I would say only Evans in Jones as a Light Heavyweight and possibly only Jones as the Evans would be very questionable but because of his wrestling background they might make him a slight favorite as everyone know that Anderson Silva biggest challege is the wrestlers.

This thread belonged on MMA discussion from the start, not MMA hobby. Let's all let it go now and not allow it to dominate the trading board any longer. All talk is cheap anyway...we will see what goes down in 48 hours.