`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
If you have read this post he has made some mistakes. First Jon Jones beat Rua in the 3rd Round not the 2nd. Next it was never Jon Jones who started the fued as he stated. (After winning the belt, Jones told a television interviewer he would fight Evans if UFC president Dana White ordered him to do so.) Jon Jones never even got out of the ring to talk to the interviewers before Evans had challenged him. So how is it Kevin Iole is saying Jon Jones started this. Here is the video please let me know who you think started it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/author/kevin-iole/

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
Jon Jones has never done anything wrong in his life. He's a victim of being so damn perfect.

Personally I'm getting tired of hearing about him.

(04-17-2012, 08:12 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jon Jones has never done anything wrong in his life. He's a victim of being so damn perfect.

Personally I'm getting tired of hearing about him.
I would not go that far but for someone to blame him on starting the feud is not correct. This was just an easy out for Evans to get a shot at the title.

I think its well-documented that in Evans mind they had an AKA-type bond where they wouldn't fight, and Jones didn't see it that way. Where I don't respect Jones' is where he states in his recent UFC Mag interview that he has "too much respect" for Anderson Silva to ever fight him. If that isn't a double standard. Like him or not, Rashad was his mentor coming up. He helped Jones advance to where he is today, and I can always vividly recall Rashad being Jones biggest cheerleader over the years. So you have so much respect for Anderson Silva, who might very well make a complete ***** out of you in the octagon, and you want to "keep your options open" by not fighting him. But Rashad? Who cares...fight him...he only mentored you. Jones clearly only likes fights that suit him...with no true loyalties. So seeing him puss out when simply asked about Silva was stomach-turning. I respect Jones a lot as a fighter and a person...he is talented, and genuinely a good person. But the ego and double standards I am really getting tired of.

i love jones and hate evans! BUT i have to admit im tired of the talk and hype. lets jsut fight already!

TRADING ANYONE???
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-17-2012, 04:46 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: i love jones and hate evans! BUT i have to admit im tired of the talk and hype. lets jsut fight already!

TRADING ANYONE???
soon they'll be pro wrestlers Tongue hehehehehehe
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(04-17-2012, 10:16 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: I think its well-documented that in Evans mind they had an AKA-type bond where they wouldn't fight, and Jones didn't see it that way. Where I don't respect Jones' is where he states in his recent UFC Mag interview that he has "too much respect" for Anderson Silva to ever fight him. If that isn't a double standard. Like him or not, Rashad was his mentor coming up. He helped Jones advance to where he is today, and I can always vividly recall Rashad being Jones biggest cheerleader over the years. So you have so much respect for Anderson Silva, who might very well make a complete ***** out of you in the octagon, and you want to "keep your options open" by not fighting him. But Rashad? Who cares...fight him...he only mentored you. Jones clearly only likes fights that suit him...with no true loyalties. So seeing him puss out when simply asked about Silva was stomach-turning. I respect Jones a lot as a fighter and a person...he is talented, and genuinely a good person. But the ego and double standards I am really getting tired of.
I have to say I don't think Silva would stand a chance as Jones has to much power for him. Just because you say something today dosen't mean it will be the same answer tomorrow. I do believe he has the right to be cocky because what he has done in his short career. It also dosen't help when people are feeding him he is the greatest. My point here is that Jon Jones didn't start it.

I think it the other way around. Jones is still an MMA novice fighting mostly on sheer athleticism. In Silva, he'd meet his match athletically, but where Silva wipes the mat with him is in striking and sheer instincts. He's proven against LHW's as well...I think its a disrespect to Silva to say a guy like Jones would beat him. Since....no one has legitimately longer than I can remember.

there is one huge reason that jones would beat silva, and its pure size. jones will one day be a heavyweight as he is still growing into his body and would dwarf silva if they were to fight, much the same way that silva would dwarf gsp. as far as the beef with rashad, its hard to say who started it. maybe rashad looks at like jones started it by even taking the fight with shogun. I think that you have to put all friendships and teammates aside when it comes to your chance to be champ. And maybe, just maybe, this is all hype and these guys are just trying to sell the fight. I dont know tho, there sure seems to be a lot of animosity
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

(04-17-2012, 06:34 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: I think it the other way around. Jones is still an MMA novice fighting mostly on sheer athleticism. In Silva, he'd meet his match athletically, but where Silva wipes the mat with him is in striking and sheer instincts. He's proven against LHW's as well...I think its a disrespect to Silva to say a guy like Jones would beat him. Since....no one has legitimately longer than I can remember.
So Sonnen on the first match beat Silva down with his wrestling and thats what Jon Jones dose best. You must of forgot all the wrestlers Anderson Silva has fought. Travis Lutter started off pretty good and he is a nobody, Dan Henderson won the first round because of his wrestling and he has less power than Jon Jones. Then we go with Chael Sonnen who beat him down for 4 and a half rounds and got careless and thats the reason why he lost that fight. I have all the respect in the world for both guys and I have been a Silve fan for a long time and I will say there is no chance Silva would win that fight. Just look everyone Silva fights he is taller than. So he would be drown on reach, size and strength. These are things he is not used to faceing plus Jones being so unpredictable would also hurt Silva chances. Now lets talk about Light Heavyweight and Anderson Silva so he beat a brawler in Forrest Griffin. To me Griffin had no chance to begin with and he fought James Irvin and who is he and what has he done? Nothing special so we have Forrest Griffin who was lucky when he won the championship and it just seemed Rampage was not there in that fight. So Anderson Silva though he is a beast I can't see him doing as well at Light Heavyweight as the people I see can beat him there would be Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, with a chance of Antonio Nogueira. Everyone know his weakness has always been wrestlers for Silva and he is big for Middleweight and would be a small Light Heavyweight so I honestly don't think he will do as well. But like I said before I like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva but hate Rashad Evans and I can already see your dislike with Jon Jones so I your not going to go for him anyway because your going with feeling from what I believe. Jones is a great Light Heavyweight and would be an above average Heavyweight and would take losses to a few of them I am sure. My question to you is why do you think Anderson Silva has not jumped up to Light Heavyweight and its not because he can't but it is because he would lose a few times and not have his Perfect UFC steak and honestly Jon Jones shout be undefeated in the UFC if it was not for the DQ he had against Matt Hamill. You can argue the point all you want but if you look at the facts the odds would be way against Anderson Silva to beat Jon Jones.
Lets look at this video of Rashad when he got his butt kicked by Machida.