`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
(04-23-2012, 04:55 PM)leedrane Wrote: In Pride he fought as low as 167 lbs.....Pride also had open weight fights, so you sometimes fought guys in higher divisions. Silva has been known to walk around between 220- 230 lbs....so he is not a small guy at all, he just cuts quite a bit of weight for each fight.
Good to know I was not sure of that but I am sure he could not cut to 167 now.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Bear with Chris...he's learning. I suspect he stopped pming me because he was warned not to by a mod..but that's just what the little birdie told me...

Lets teach Chris what a gogoplata is now...no, its not a powertool.

(04-23-2012, 05:46 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: Bear with Chris...he's learning. I suspect he stopped pming me because he was warned not to by a mod..but that's just what the little birdie told me...

Lets teach Chris what a gogoplata is now...no, its not a powertool.
Like I said I am fine with you not seeing the comment and I find it funny after 1 PM you cried like a baby and said you were going to block me. This guy wanted to bash everything I said then when it was flipped around and he looked stupid he was done with the discussion but I wasn't. I consider him a crybaby for that reason as if things don't go his way he just changes the conversation. As much as he has bashed Jon Jones you can see he just dosen't like him so he will always feel the next opponent will have a chance to beat him. My thoughts he has a man crush on Anderson Silva and hates to see he has a challenge for the best fighter in the UFC that he would loose to if he ever dose fight. Eli8024 is a joke to me and he just wants to start trouble. I will admit if Jon Jones moved up to heavyweight he would have his challenges but he would be Top 5 there. Anderson Silva if he moved to Light Heavyweight, he would also be top 5 there as well but would take some defeats and Jon Jones would be one of them. But he says he can't read my post but I am thinking he is looking maybe not logged in to see what I say because he is still responding to me. I do hope you grow up one day and admit when you make a mistake on what you say and not change the conversation because it made you look bad that you were called out on because I never changed the discussion when you tried to bash me. Guess it shows I am more grown up than you.

Oh and by the way no MOD contacted me so that would be untrue just so you can get your story straight.

Chris? I thought it was Chrisa like a girls name. Still not sure after reading his/hers analysis of fighting...
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-24-2012, 03:44 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Chris? I thought it was Chrisa like a girls name. Still not sure after reading his/hers analysis of fighting...
Chris A the a represnts the last name as i could not figure out the password to my old account and the email address I used there dosen't exist. Your a fool to me as well because of the bias you have against a fighter. Talk all the trash you want because your name is more messed up to me than mine is. Stick with your trading MMA cards till the fight between Jones and Silva happens if it dose becaue the arguement will never end untill the fight happens.
Oh and by the way is Eli you girl because it seems like you keep defending him or is it the other way around.

Hmm you collect Jeter but I am now a girl? lol You never even watched Pride?? haha go read some more websites for a few years and then come talk to me.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-24-2012, 04:36 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Hmm you collect Jeter but I am now a girl? lol You never even watched Pride?? haha go read some more websites for a few years and then come talk to me.
Hey Matt, there is nothing wrong with Jeter, not as good as Mattingly though, the Yankees rule! Smile

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(04-24-2012, 04:36 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Hmm you collect Jeter but I am now a girl? lol You never even watched Pride?? haha go read some more websites for a few years and then come talk to me.
I never watched a pride fight but I did look at the winners and losers and how long has pride been gone what 2 years or longer. You are bringing up the past as I am talking about now. It dosen't matter what they did then MMA is like any other sport. What have you done for me know and since UFC is the Top Dog around why do you wanna bring up pride especially when the meat of are discussion was about Anderson Silva who has not fought in pride in what 7 years and Jon Jones never fought there. All I need to do a base them off of what they are doing now and how they handle there opponents. Silva has never done great with wrestlers and Jones is a wrestler so to me thats a disadvantage. You talk crap about my name I will do the same as your name is not the greatest either. But remember your the one who said something first and I just answered back. I just find it funny you wanna defend Eli and you put your 2 cents in about my name so I did the same with your and made the comment on how you seem to wanna stand up for him. I don't even know why you wanna keep writeing on here as the fight and discussion is over and your just bringing it back up to instigate something to me. Jon Jones Light Heavyweight Champ and Anderson Silva the Middleweight Champ and I don't see either one losing there belt in to foreseeable future but I can see Silva being beat by Jon Jones. You see it the other way around so thats fine that part of the discussion is over which is what made this topic such a hot one. Now its time to move on until they either fight each other or one of the 2 gets beat.
You can't say to much being a Tebow fan though either.

People are passionate about their favorite sports teams....but it seems especially true about their favorite fighters....I see this on boards all the time. Fighting is different than other sports because you can be winning all the way up until the end, and then lose out of NOWHERE!!!

Before the Rashad fight I thought the UFC would be feeding Jones to the wolves if they put him in with Silva. Now I can atleast see him making it a fight. Jones gets tagged quite a bit, even with that huge reach advantage......strikes from Silva are pinpoint, fast, and very SOLID.....but you also have to worry about his kicks and knees. In the clinch Silva would kill Jones.....standing he has a HUGE advantage....but if Jones got Silva on his back I think he would do ALOT of damage. That all being said, the fight could end in 10 seconds by a strike from either guy.....but Silva has the better chin of the two....I think Sonnen was the only person that I saw rock him, which set up the rest of the fight. Remember this though, while wrestlers have been Silva's "problem" none of them have beaten him yet.....which I hate to admit because while I like his skills, I don't really like Anderson Silva.....but I do like Jones. I would pull for Jones, but expect Silva to win the fight. I would love to see it happen though!!!

Anyone that has not seen pride is simply not an mma fan. Pride is as good and as raw as it gets.