`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alto4life Orr Awesome4life?

Alto4life Orr Awesome4life?
Hey folks, I haven't spent as much time as I'd like hanging out with you all because I'm trying to dial back a bit on the hobby. I'm going through some adversity but I still get the itch to trade sometimes, so the least I could do is dip in real quick to share with you a card that arrived this weekend and to show some love for alto4life. She's among the best this community has to offer and her kindness, integrity, and patience is something I hope to emulate in some measure.

For a bit of context, my humble HOF collection contained only 3 autographs before Saturday (click to expand):

[Image: th_BobbyHullWinningMaterials.jpg][Image: th_SundinSakicForsbergThreeStarSpotlight.jpg][Image: th_Robitaillepatchtouched.jpg][Image: th_Yzermandualpatch.jpg]

The Great One's autograph is a must-have at some point along the way, even if it gets moved one day:

[Image: th_Gretzkyauto-1.jpg]

I may appreciate this auto even more because I got to see this guy in his prime, around the time he signed this card, actually:

[Image: th_SakicBAPSignatureSeries2000-01brighter.jpg]

I was too young to see him play but it's just a beauty card:

[Image: th_Perreaultauto.jpg]

...really, probably among the prettiest I've ever seen. Definitely one of the prettiest in my collection...until now:
[Image: BobbyOrrCanvasAuto.jpg]

It just doesn't get much better than this. I don't think that I'm exaggerating when I say that there might only be one Orr auto I'd want more...his 09-10 SPA Immortal Inks, which is never gonna happen. This should've never happened either but for said awesomeness. It definitely brightened a tough week, so thank you again for trading me this beautiful card Ashley! I owe you one.

And sorry for the corny title...can we still be friends?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: Alto4life Orr Awesome4life?
Sorry about your adversity. You have some sweet stuff there! That's why I love these boards. The friendships and helping hands out weighs the trouble members. Ashley is an awesome member of these boards. Congrats on the pickup!
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Wow nice stuff!....some really awesome autos you have there!

Glad you got it! I wanted it to go to someone who'd love it. I appreciate the kind words as well. When I fix my scanner tonight there will be a thread of the awesomeness I got in return. Hope everything gets better!

-Ashley

Al,

I am so glad to see you back and a bit more active on the boards! I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we all hope that your adversity subsides! The boards would only benefit from your full return. It is great to see another thread of true trading integrity among the disdain that seems to be flowing freely these days! Too many people have walked away from us, and I hope that trend stops! Love the HoF collection, and that Orr is absolutely stunning! Congrats on the huge pick-up, and I can truly attest to Ashley's trading ethics! She's a very valuable member of this community, and I am glad that she is on our boards!

Randi

WOW Alan, now that is a killer mail week!!! It's always nice to hear about what others do in the Beckett community to help out. Sorry to hear about the adversity, but remember this community is always a good one to look for help. Congrats on the pickups!!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

wow that is amazing congrats on those pick ups
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Good to see you back, amazing cards!
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

those are some truly awesome additions, congrats! as for Ashley, i want to say that she is one of the greatest members here. thanks for sharing the new pieces of your collection.
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

I'm very jealous of your Orr card.....(drooling on my self)