`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone storing their cards in an actual safe???

RE: anyone storing their cards in an actual safe???
I have a Sentrysafe brand that is water/fire proof. Its about 24" tall, 18" wide and 20" deep. I keep all of our important papers, some ammo, and my high dollar cards ($200+) in the safe.

It will give you peace of mind and definately not an investment that you will regret.

(04-15-2012, 11:06 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Sometimes I wish I had a safe to keep my really nice cards in mainly out of fear of a fire. Im not worried about flooding or someone breaking in. But my problem is I like to look at my cards and want to display them when I get my mancave done. So putting them in a safe counter acts that. I want to enjoy my cards rather than forgetting the code to even get into a safe lol.
Luckily my mom kept my room as is when I went to college, so I know for some odd reason she'll be the first line of defense in protecting her "baby's" things...

Honestly I have only put one card in a lock box, but I just kept taking it out. What's the point of having them if they're not for looking at? I do want to get some sort of display case, like a framed one that hangs on the wall.

I don't nor even consider having a "mancave," but I live in a football family that probably wouldn't mind putting some Packers PC above the fireplace mantle.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

i have my better nes in a small document safe inside a bgger safe.
Feels cool getting them out.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

I have a small (and extremely heavy) safe that I keep a lot of documents and high end cards. It holds about 120+ cards in graded slabs and magnetic holders.

Two things to remember when looking for a safe:

1) Size and Weight......especially if you have to move it yourself.

2) Fireproof or fire resistant

Some safes will release a chemical or foam inside the safe to lower the internal temperature when the external temp reaches a certain level.

You would hate to have a bunch of collectibles in penny sleeves and top loaders or magnetic (or snap) holders without something covering the sides like team bags.

(04-17-2012, 06:44 PM)melcmd Wrote: I have a small (and extremely heavy) safe that I keep a lot of documents and high end cards. It holds about 120+ cards in graded slabs and magnetic holders.

Two things to remember when looking for a safe:

1) Size and Weight......especially if you have to move it yourself.

2) Fireproof or fire resistant

Some safes will release a chemical or foam inside the safe to lower the internal temperature when the external temp reaches a certain level.

You would hate to have a bunch of collectibles in penny sleeves and top loaders or magnetic (or snap) holders without something covering the sides like team bags.

Also water proof
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(04-17-2012, 06:47 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Also water proof
I didn't mention that, but definitely waterproof. Unfortunately, that's waterproof from the outside. My safe is water proof and fire proof. However, being water proof doesn't help the inside stuff from the fire retardant solutions released inside.

We keep our passports inside the safe in Ziploc bags for that reason.

Just be sure to protect your valuables inside the safe as well.

no.... but the set is going to a safe deposit box..i live on the beach though in Oregon....Tsunami Hazard zone here.And we are OVERDUE.. and after seeing the Carnage from Katrina in the Big Easy i SAW that the Bank Safes are NOT water proof..Card collections and coin collections were Destroyed completely .
... Got me thinking HARD..
i have to go to Portland to a bank on the hill away from water....away from here.WAY safer than anything else...no twisters here,no Epic floods,we are due for an earthquake and Tsunami but 100 miles inland in the valley, in a BIG bank,..
i think they will be safe
Tongue
OCD paranoia....i KNOW!
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95