`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gibraltar Trade Center show = JOKE

Gibraltar Trade Center show = JOKE
Never will I waste time, gas, or money going to this garbage again. It wasn't that bad if you were looking for wax and wax only but the rest of the time it was worthless. Had a guy ask how much I wanted for all my items and so I priced out $1200 worth of stuff cash wise and said $750 for them and he says we aren't even close to the same page. Then he asks how much for my Greg Monroe TC Auto/Jsy /599 and I say $15 and he says oh no I couldn't do near that as I just sold that card on eBay for $1.04. I just laughed and walked away

Bought 1 card for $5 and wasn't a bad deal

10-11 R&S Derrick Favors Auto /458 RC

RE: Gibraltar Trade Center show = JOKE
That card has never sold for less than $10 on ebay...sounds like it was just a bunch of idiots
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

That was the EXACT same thing I told him. He was also like I said trying to lowball me on all my mid-high end stuff and saying "well I sell my stuff 70-95% off as you can see" That was his common/insert/junk gu/auto boxes

kinda sounds like the monthly show in San Diego... which I no longer go to... only difference, they have no wax, very little basketball, except the $3 & below boxes... very limited amount of dealers... I been looking for a card show in SOCAL that has both wax & cards.. usually at shows, I'd be looking for wax, since I can get a majority of my singles online.. card shows are not the same anymore... I wish it was the 90's again!!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I have good luck at Gibraltar shows most of the time. There's always a few dealers with marked down older boxes (Joe Manzella is at every show) so I usually grab some of those. I usually find the dealers have really good prices on singles too and most of them mark down even more if you haggle and buy a few cards. In January I grabbed quite a few superstar "true" auto'd Rcs on the cheap including Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Larry Fitzgerald, Brian Urlacher, and a bunch of marked down older wax. Now basketball was a different story entirely. I was finding some 90's rookie inserts and rcs I needed when I dug through boxes deep enough, but had no luck at all finding star rc autos. I think the Pistons not contending for years keeps the dealers from bringing in more higher end basketball. There were good deals on some older 2000's basketball boxes though, I believe I got a 10-11 Panini Update box for $39.

*sigh* ...for a minute I really thought you were talking about Gibraltar as in the British settlement south of Spain.... oh well

No sir this one is in MI. Not much basketball wax at all unless you want 88-93 or 2009-current

(04-16-2012, 06:47 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: No sir this one is in MI. Not much basketball wax at all unless you want 88-93 or 2009-current
San Diego card shows have no wax! hardly any basketball.. they always have a few old RC's or Kobe, Lebron, Wade, MJ... for a few dollars a card in the discount boxes.. but not too much to look at.. sigh...

I wish there would be a huge card show in SOCAL so I can go spurge & pick up some deals. I miss the card shows when I was a kid growing up in the 90's..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*