`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Joy Here This Playoff Season....

No Joy Here This Playoff Season....
While I'm not expecting my Senators to do much in the Playoffs this year, I was blown away by the fact that they made it into the dance! However, any joy I had was quickly removed by a well placed elbow to the head of the very heart and soul of my Team... Since it now appears that Alfie is out indefinately (And I have not yet heard an update, so I could be wrong), and will in all likelyhood retire before next season, I'm shouting out to anyone that has any Sens or Alfredsson cards they want to move. Check my org. for both items you want, and Alfie cards I need, and get back to me....

On a semi-personal note, Ranger head coach John Tortorella is a classless specimen of the human beast. To suggest Alfie turtled and was faking an injury after taking an elbow directly in the ear is both uneducated, and completely assinine! If it had been a Ranger down, you can bet he'd still be howling to the League for discipline, but since it's only Daniel Alfredsson, it's obviously nothing serious??? John Tortorella needs to travel down the Yellow Brick Road...Hopefull the Wizard can give him a brain!

Thanks for letting me vent guys!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

RE: No Joy Here This Playoff Season....
Lmk if there's any Alfie you need from me. It is bs though about the elbow. He is a great player.

Tortorella is the best coach weve had in a long time. Hes also won a cup, so to suggest he lacks intelligence is quite silly.

I like Alfredsson, hes a great player and Im sorry hes out but you guys had it coming. You put in Konopka and asked for the game to be played that way. Its your own doing. Were not the Red Wings...If you wanna jump Boyle and lay him out with cheap shots that's fine, its part of the game but know whats coming when you do.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(04-15-2012, 02:46 PM)Merovius Wrote: Tortorella is the best coach weve had in a long time. Hes also won a cup, so to suggest he lacks intelligence is quite silly.

I like Alfredsson, hes a great player and Im sorry hes out but you guys had it coming. You put in Konopka and asked for the game to be played that way. Its your own doing. Were not the Red Wings...If you wanna jump Boyle and lay him out with cheap shots that's fine, its part of the game but know whats coming when you do.
+1 I too enjoy Alfredsson as a player, he has a been a great player for a long time in this league. It's unfortunate that he may have to end his career like this. When the Senators put in their tough guys it sends a message. The Rangers won't back down. They may not be the toughest team but they are not the Red Wings. They will stand up for themselves.

Now for the Alfredsson play, he was hit by Carl Hagelin......let me repeat that......he was hit by Carl Hagelin. Hagelin is what 4' 10"? LOL Had a Stu Bickel or someone like that thrown the elbow I may have questioned it a bit more because of everything else that was going on in the game. But because of Hagelin's size sometimes he has to make himself appear bigger when he throws a hit. Hence the arms up. Smile Being a shorter guy myself I understand. HAHAHA I've watched him play all year. He is not a dirty player. He plays hard but not dirty. I don't believe he threw the elbow on purpose. If any one suggests Torts sent Hagelin out there to do that on purpose is quite purposterous.

I do feel bad the Alfredsson is out but those are the unfortunate events of the hockey and the playoffs. Had the Senators meaning Carkner and Neil not sought out Boyle just becasue he played the game hard in Game 1 and hit Karlsson, like he's supposed too, maybe I would feel worse. I realize you have to do and dress who you need for the playoffs but what Carkner did was uncalled for.

I realize I'm slightly biased as most of us are during the season and playoffs but any hockey fan that watched that last night and saw Carkner completely forget about the play and jump Boyle, would say it was uncalled for.

My 2 cents Big Grin
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

its a shame what happened to alfie i would of liked to see them get past the first round cause everyone knows that vancouver will not.
but that said all i would like to say is GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS lol

I used to like Alphie but I remember him slapping a puck a Scott Niedermayer during the Ducks playoff run so in my opinion you figure it out....but on another note that kid Karlsson sensational....taking everything the Rangers dish at him and does not let it fizz him and continues to play well and get em where it hurts on the score board......the Sens big three in my opinion Karlsson ,Foligno and Turris........not Spezza not Alphie....

i dont know if you were at the all star game but i believe i have a couple of all-star game cards of his (i would have to double check if you have interest)
i'm sure i have other cards of his in my organize as well
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

you can check me for alfie or other sens but might only have rcs of him
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(04-15-2012, 04:10 PM)roussy35 Wrote: Now for the Alfredsson play, he was hit by Carl Hagelin......let me repeat that......he was hit by Carl Hagelin. Hagelin is what 4' 10"? LOL Had a Stu Bickel or someone like that thrown the elbow I may have questioned it a bit more because of everything else that was going on in the game. But because of Hagelin's size sometimes he has to make himself appear bigger when he throws a hit. Hence the arms up. Smile Being a shorter guy myself I understand. HAHAHA I've watched him play all year. He is not a dirty player. He plays hard but not dirty. I don't believe he threw the elbow on purpose. If any one suggests Torts sent Hagelin out there to do that on purpose is quite purposterous.
and that's supposed to excuse him throwing an elbow up to the head of Alfredsson? I'm somewhat with you... I've watched Hagelin too.. love the way he plays, but what he did was wrong, and the 3 games was well deserved... guess you Rangers fans aren't as lucky as the Preds fans who get to keep Weber... which brings me to this:

(04-15-2012, 04:10 PM)roussy35 Wrote: They may not be the toughest team but they are not the Red Wings. They will stand up for themselves.
excuse me, 'not the Red Wings'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8YqrxBR...=endscreen

I live in New Jersey and talk with Rangers fans every day.. I'm happy that an Original Six team.. specifically the Rangers, are playing well. I hope you do win a Cup (as long as you don't beat Detroit to do it). And I was gonna stay out of this whole thing, but if you wanna call out my team, let's compare notes... The Wings have made the playoffs 26 of the last 28 season, and 21 straight, and you're suggesting they did that by letting teams walk all over them? The Rangers have barely made it to the playoffs more times than the number of Stanley Cups the Wings have won since 96-97.

Again, I hope your Rangers do well this postseason, but until they actually do some winning, slow your roll on taking shots at the Wings
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

My joy-meter is riding on empty...
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards