`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kurt Warner a All Time Top 25 QB?

RE: Is Kurt Warner a All Time Top 25 QB?
(04-15-2012, 01:54 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: in no order of greatness just first ones that come to mind first.

1- marino
2- montana
3- elway
4- Young
5- Fouts
6- Bradshaw
7- Brady
8- Manning
9- Moon
10- Kelly
11- Staubach
12- Favre

I'm at 12 and don't see him higher yet
I know you said you listed these in no particular order, but c'mon..............
Favre at #12!!!???? You hurt my feelings!! :'(
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Dan Fouts? Maybe it's because I never saw him play. Here are some of his stats though.
W/L record 86W 84L 1T
58.8 career completion percentage
254 td's
242 int's
3-4 playoff record with no superbowl appearances

Now Kurt Warner
W/L record 67W 49L
65.5 career completion percentage
208 td's
128 int's
9-4 playoff record with a superbowl win and 3 total appearances

And you can't say it was just the system in St. Louis. He took Arizona to the superbowl and had one of his best, if not his best season in 08 with Arizona.

I don't know if he's top 25. But I know he's better than some QB's who get put on that list simply because they were good in their era.

(04-15-2012, 03:12 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: Dan Fouts? Maybe it's because I never saw him play. Here are some of his stats though.
W/L record 86W 84L 1T
58.8 career completion percentage
254 td's
242 int's
3-4 playoff record with no superbowl appearances

Now Kurt Warner
W/L record 67W 49L
65.5 career completion percentage
208 td's
128 int's
9-4 playoff record with a superbowl win and 3 total appearances

And you can't say it was just the system in St. Louis. He took Arizona to the superbowl and had one of his best, if not his best season in 08 with Arizona.

I don't know if he's top 25. But I know he's better than some QB's who get put on that list simply because they were good in their era.
Fouts is a top 30 QB, not 25. Also, era has A LOT to do with it. Suddenly Warner is successful again? Were you unaware of the rules changes by the NFL to allow receivers to move freer at the line of scrimmage? Ones that are more similar to the rules adopted by the Arena Football League? And how can you state it wasn't the system? The WR corps of Boldin/Fitzgerald was HUGE. Steve Breaston, the 3rd WR, had a 1000 yard season. It was a spread fun and gun offense. They only averaged 75 yds running a game. They HAD to pass. Even then, the team squeaked into the playoffs.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

i think someone made a good point about "era". it's a long debated thing about who is best in all sports in all areas. and i think the better would be is he top 25 of our era? there would be no arguement but to say yes to that. either way the guy deserves and has gotten much respect for his game.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

IMO, without a doubt. First and foremost he played in this era, the most loaded and competitive of any in history. And in this era, he piled up ridiculous statistics, rescued 2 sad sack franchises single-handed, and appeared in 3 Super Bowls. And then there's the story behind his rise to fame. He is most definently an all-time great.

Is Peyton Manning only a good Qb because he's played with many MULTIPLE hall of famers? I'm obviously not putting Warner on his level, but come on. How many pro bowl qb's did the Cardinals have w/the same receivers. None. How many times has Fitzgerald been to the superbowl w/out Warner? And why does era matter? Just because you were a top 10 qb in your era means you should be considered better than some modern day qb's? Better than either Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers? And I don't hear anyone talking about the colts horrible running game when Manning throws for 4500 yds.

Don't forget, Tarkenton played his home games OUTSIDE his whole career, AND in the cold. At the time of his retirement he owned every major quarterback record. The game was different back then.

Warner played one year with the Giants where his home games were outside, and he got replaced after one year.

1. Dan Marino
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Steve Young
5. Dan Fouts
6. Terry Bradshaw
7. Tom Brady
8. Peyton Manning
9. Warren Moon
10. Jim Kelly
11. Roger Staubach
12. Brent Favre Wink
13. Johnny Unitas
14. Ben Roethlisberger
15. Eli Manning
16. Aaron Rodgers
17. Drew Brees
18. Troy Aikman
19. Fran Tarkenton
21. Otto Graham
22. Sonny Jergensen
23. George Blanda
24. Bart Starr
25. Y.A. Tittle
26. Bobby Laybe
27. Bob Waterfield
and several others, but most of you guys don't know the old school QBs.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I would not put Ringless Marino at number 1,but thats a discussion for another day.As far as Warner goes,Yes he is in the Top 25!
[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]

(04-15-2012, 03:47 PM)lynellauto Wrote: I would not put Ringless Marino at number 1,but thats a discussion for another day.As far as Warner goes,Yes he is in the Top 25!
Reread his comment -- ...IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...

Out of the 12, put any one of those you want at #1.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

how can warner be considered top 25 when he only played 4 "full" seasons?