`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter
04-15-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 09:02 AM by 0mattinglyalexander0.)
Twitter
Well, after turning off all "social media" in 2004, I broke down and joined Twitter. I joined because my favorite college team quit using g-mail for correspondence during games. It has been great so far, for the most part. Got to thank UK baseball players for signing a team ball for my son... and my favorite cat for signing some cards for my wife, son and I.

I decided to follow all of my favorite non family or friends.
I've added a lot of favorite athletes, musicians, writers etc...
Coolest thing so far is Chuck Knoblauch followed me, before I followed him...
but I think he does that for all that follow the Yankees.

Bad thing is I believe I put myself on one of my childhood heroes "s**t list. Sad Of course it was because I didn't agree about something.
It had to do with the Treyvon/Zimmerman tragedy. I like to wait for jurors and judges do their jobs on stuff like this. Not "the news".

The childhood idol said, and I paraphrase, "Can someone tell me in 140 characters or less how this wasn't premeditated murder?"

Me: "Usually people don't call the police if they are planning on killing someone."
Childhood Idol: Yeah, you're right. Murderers are usually thinking straight."

A childhood idol is being sarcastic? Sad

Me: "I don't want to fight with a childhood idol of mine, but you believe he conspired to kill a 17 year old kid?"

I said some other stuff about how I'm not a judge or juror... I also said that right now the only thing that matters to me are the kid's parents. If I lost my son, wrongfully or not, I'd lose my mind.
I wish people woud quit using these types of things as political footballs. It's disgusting.

My wife warned me that following people I liked/admired would ruin my perception of them. She was right and I knew it inside all along.

Anyway, if any of you want to mutually follow for heads up on trades etc... twitter i.d. is in profile.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 07:43 AM
RE: Twitter
I love tweeting on Twitter, it won't be wrong if I say that I am a Twitterhollic as I do tons of tweets daily.

Portable Ice Maker
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply