Epic SPGU Fail.

RE: Epic SPGU Fail.
All right
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(04-14-2012, 10:32 PM)Merovius Wrote: Ive seen enough. This product is absolutely awful.

The cards are soooooo ugly.
I agree. The design is such a turn off. Total garbage. Not worth the money.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

Yeah... that's not good at all! The Bourque is okay, but the rest are not! I hope that you have better luck with your next break!

Randi

(04-14-2012, 10:32 PM)Merovius Wrote: Ive seen enough. This product is absolutely awful.

The cards are soooooo ugly.
I think the cards look decent, but I don't think that we get what we pay for. $200 for a box when you get about $100 in cards (if your lucky) is BS. I won't buy this until the price goes down.

(04-26-2012, 12:51 AM)eldapeeze Wrote: I think the cards look decent, but I don't think that we get what we pay for. $200 for a box when you get about $100 in cards (if your lucky) is BS. I won't buy this until the price goes down.
Agree. SPGU always seems to be this way. When your LCS dealer hardly looks you in the eye when u are paying for a few packs (or a couple boxes!) you know the gig may be up.

Man... better luck next time. I'm happy I didn't bust a box of SPGU this year. These days I can't afford to just eat $180 and get nothing in return. Seems like this product has either an insane mammoth of a hit, or just nothing, bubkus. Those huge gambles might float some people's boat, but it isn't my kind of product.
[Image: BeckettSigChris.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSignatureEDIT.jpg]

I've always tried to just pick up odd packs of SPGU here and there. It seems like if you buy the whole box, because of the high price point, you need a MEGA hit just to justify the cost of the box.

I've got a soft spot for it because I've always done well.

every year, I buy less than a box worth (1 or 2 packs at a time from 3 or 4 different open boxes) and I always do quite well (it's alot nicer to pull a $150 card out of a $30 pack, than to pull it out of a $180 box filled with nothing else but garbage).

In 2009-10 I bought a total of 6 packs from a few different boxes and hit these:

(Hedman is /99)

[Image: 003-1-1.jpg]

[Image: 001-32.jpg]

[Image: 001-2.jpg]
[Image: 002-1.jpg]

Last year, I bought only 3 packs and hit this:

[Image: 001-45.jpg]

and this year, I am 3 packs in (from 2 different boxes) and have hit these 2:

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[Image: 001-29.jpg]

I just actually pulled the Dual fight strap today.

I have seen some pretty weak breaks for sure, but there are also many gems to be had in this product.
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/