`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps *team* sets question

2012 Topps *team* sets question
So I was looking for the guys I collect, my sig, and noticed in the opg that there is a 2012 topps Cleveland Indians (for example) card of Carlos Santana. Where do these cards come from? They are not in the regular set.

also the red, blue and purple cards from target, Walmart, and toys r us Have prices well except the toys r us. Does anyone have any clue why the tru ones don't have prices?

RE: 2012 Topps *team* sets question
Thats a good question. Wish I could answer that
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

You are asking where the team set cards come from?
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(04-14-2012, 10:07 AM)clarkzac Wrote: You are asking where the team set cards come from?
Yea do a search for any player from 2012 and the first card is a topps team card. It's really frustrating trying to get every card of someone and not being able to find stuff like that

I guess I don't have problem because I get a Twins team set every year so I get the Span and Mauer cards from it that I need. Its really not that hard to find the team sets.
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

These are the $4.99-$5.99 (least they were last time I bought one) team sets you can find in stores and it's basically the same exact card as the regular issued one that will be out in Ser. 2. For some reason because they are packaged as Team Sets they get special numbering but it's the same exact card.

[Image: tbcs_2205_291391017]

Most of the time these specially packaged team sets will have variations of certain players, at least the Dodger's sets I've been buying do. So it's still worth it to me to pick up the team set as well as the regular base cards. Here's Kershaw for example.

Topps Variance, Kershaw
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

The Santana one is the same pic as his Opening Day photo so I'd guess that would be his ser. 2 photo as well. But still if you are a super collector you'll have to have it to say you have all of them.