`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stan Musial

Stan Musial
Any collector of Musial knows that his auto has has become illegible over the past few years. Cleary Stan The Man should not be signing anymore (don't get confused, Stan is my sports hero). My thing is when does his manager say enough is enough, and you've signed enough. Better yet, when will topps see it for themselves and stop sending the poor guy hundreds of cards to sign every year? The same can be said about all old timers who should be relaxing at home. UNLESS of coarse Stan the man loves signing and wants too sign, in which case keep on trucking Stan. I just feel bad for the demand put on the guy.

RE: Stan Musial
Stan loves to sign from what i understand. Has a small office here in Stl that he is in pretty often and signs things to be sold off.

http://www.stan-the-man.com

Super friendly guy, ive had the pleasure to meet and speak with him a couple of times.

He is getting to the point where he is having a hard time signing however.

[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I've heard his memory is going, I wonder if signing is therapeutic to his memory?
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

From a handwriting standpoint I think most of the old timers should stop signing. That being said it would still be awesome to pull one of those autos. Quick Musial story. A couple years ago I was looking through a friend's old collection of mid 80's to early 90's stuff and saw an autographed ball and took a closer look and it was autographed by Stan Musial. Just sitting there buried in the closet. I asked him the story behind it and he said he got it in the late 80's at the local mall. Musial was there signing for free and my buddy said there was literally no one in line! Although he couldn't possibly care less about the ball he wouldn't sell it to me. I might have to make a call to see if he has changed his mind yet. Maybe bring up all the hours of free labor I put into his house Smile

(04-14-2012, 03:43 AM)Krangry Wrote: Stan loves to sign from what i understand. Has a small office here in Stl that he is in pretty often and signs things to be sold off.

http://www.stan-the-man.com

Super friendly guy, ive had the pleasure to meet and speak with him a couple of times.

He is getting to the point where he is having a hard time signing however.
I'm glad to hear he still loves to sign then...Like I said, if he does enjoy it I hope he continues until he just can't anymore. You just never know like with Ted Williams kids making him sign all the time.

Side note: I too had the pleasure of meeting Stan at a Houston show in like 1995. I was still in middle school but out of all the athletes I've met he's the one I will always remember...especially since when he rolled up in his towncar while everyone was still outside buying tickets, I walked up and held the center's door open for him and Enos. Blew my mind as a child.

Yeah, it is easy to spot that his auto is slipping. I have autos from 10 years back, and now some of his new ones, and they are rough, but you have to commend the guy for as much signing as he does and how personal he is with everyone. I wish that today more and more stars were like he is now today.

As bad as his autographs look, I will continue to buy them until he quits signing Smile
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]