`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
01-21-2013, 06:18 AM
RE: Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
I am finally back on this site after probably a year, give or take. I took a break from the site because the OPG was getting a little too much $ for me at the time. Now that I am back, I need the OPG to buy and trade and the site is not working properly.

I agree with what the other people have said, that the app should wait and will more than likely never be done. The site needs to be fixed quickly. Other people have been moving to other websites like me, and not having a fully functional website is a pretty good reason to leave. Not many other sites have this probably, and certainly not when your paying monthly for this. I remember a while ago we had this problem on here, which the site would not load any pages what so ever. I left for a few months, came back, and I got 1 month free of subscription, just one. I was pretty shocked that a paying customer for a year or maybe more got treated that way.

Anyway, back onto the app idea... I think that this would really be cool to have, mainly because not everyone is around the computer anymore because of all these smartphones we have now. I do agree with the fact that the majority of people do have computers and would rather use their computers to access the site, but how about the other people, like me, who Beckett is taking money from, especially when the site here is not even fully functional.

I know that it is a hobby and were all supposed to have fun, and I completely agree with that 102%, but we need something new. Unless I am wrong, Beckett will be the only one who has an app where you can trade/buy/sell/etc.. sports cards. That's huge in my opinion. They would only have to update whenever a new Beckett magazine comes out, which is only right to make the app equivalent to the magazine.

I will try to stick around this site a little more since I have tailed away from it a little bit. I may even get the subscription to the OPG and work out some trades, if the site gets back up. This is absurd, like it was when I took a break about a year or two ago, and it only happens with this site (correct me if I am wrong). If you are going to support a bad product, you will get a bad product. If you boycott a bad product, you will eventually get a good one. I am not encouraging anyone to do that, but this happens way to often to this site, which at one point, I did like and encouraged friends of mine to make an account on.

I am glad to see this is now a sticky on here, hopefully this app will get done soon.

Hope to hear more feedback on this from you guys,
Take care everyone.

Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Eric Hosmer Base Auto...To complete my set!

Bucket (For Trade)
- http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh48...lxxCardsX/

Looking for Legend Autos, Triple Threads Relic/Autos, & Vet. Prospect Refractors!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
That would
Be freakinf swwet

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/bigjohn79/
NEED:Tom Brady, Big Ben,P Manning, LUCK,Tannehill RC AUTO contenders for my PC!
[Image: bigjohnbannercopy.jpg]
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
There are apps out there that do this..they just don't access Becketts database..they access other places like eBay.
04-23-2013, 07:39 AM
I think this is a great idea as well.
07-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Has there been any progress from the beckett developers on this?

I know I can pull up the site on my phone's internet browser but it is not very easy to navigate. Most of the time dealers are not sitting in front of a computer to look up cards but most of us have a phone. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the resent site redesign I like it and the card value history important also.