`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
I was also shocked not to see an app when I conformed to society and got a droid smart phone last month not to see an App from Beckett..Id pay for it!

[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 11:57 AM
folks, an app is way down the line. there is far too much to do with the website before they can even think of building an app

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm very surprised that this doesn't already exist. A number of people who use the product are constantly browsing at shows/shops and it would be perfect if you can carry your collection with you. The website just isn't very usable on a mobile device.
10-28-2012, 12:43 PM
I could use an app

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS
10-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I use google chrome on my droid and I actually have no problem using the full site. It acts a little strange when I try to add cards to a trade, but other than that the organize, search and forum functions all work just fine.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes
10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
The iPhone can access the message boards and trades and is VERY clunky when using the OPG. The iPad can do it all just as you would expect from a laptop.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.
10-28-2012, 08:34 PM
They can't even get the website to work properly. Case in point, it took 30 seconds to get into this thread after I clicked on it.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Website improvements and an app are not mutually exclusive. Usually, apps are nothing more than a fancy skin for a mobile site. And people that code for the website are generally not the same people who code Android/iOS apps. Mobile apps will generate revenue so they are a profitable venture on their own. (I would gladly pay up front AND monthly for the app if necessary.) For this reason, the fact that the website has serious issues does not mean that the app should have to take a back seat. Both can be worked on simultaneously. That being said.... I doubt this will happen. Ever.

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!
10-30-2012, 07:48 AM
(04-13-2012 09:34 PM)xbaseballxcardsx Wrote:  This might of been on the boards here before...But I don't know for sure.

I thought that it would be cool to have an app on my iPhone where I can make deals and check for the prices of cards. I go to a lot of card shows in my area and it is a pain to look up the book value of cards I might purchase by using my internet app. I think to just have a Beckett App where I can find the book values to cards and make deals would help so I can make deals when i'm not around the computer, and it would also help when I am making purchases or selling cards so I can prove what the card books.

By carrying around a Beckett Magazines, it would help not to get ripped by book values, but the Magazines don't have all the cards that are listed in the online Beckett. You could also be able to trade wherever you are.

Edit: The App could also cost from $5-10, I would still pay for it just to have the on the go service, I bet others would do the same also. Considering we are paying for the pricing though, it would make sense for it to be free, but I would still pay the few bucks just to have access wherever I am.

I just think it would be a good idea, anyone else think so? I don't know if its possible either, or maybe there is already an app that I haven't heard about.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like a great app. In the mean time I have created a basic spread sheet in google docs on cards and prices that I am currently looking for when I am at card shows or card shops
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
I think this is a great idea! when I did the beckett customer review... I suggested such a thing

[Image: 4300e6c5-91ca-4ecc-a113-47c015a5b075_zps7013373d.jpg]
TF Broncos!!