`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.
04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.
Awhile back I had posted a thread asking if anyone was getting pop-up spam ads and banners on here. I have been getting these daily and after each pop-up I have to close and reopen beckett because it gets slow and IE goes busy. I was just about to close when another banner popped up . Good thing I hit the print page key in time.

Here is one of the many pop-ups about surveys. Has anyone had these issues? [Image: spamonbeckett.png]

[Image: 2DDYT9n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.
i should preface this: i use FF, with adblock, so i dont have these issues

however: that looks like it isnt beckett's stuff. you might want to download a couple free programs (you can get them at download.com)

1. malwarebytes
2. avg

that being said: if it is beckett, it isnt "spam", but popover/under ads, which are annoying, but commplace (boston.com is notorious). but that looks like a flashplayer exploit thing to me

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
04-13-2012, 04:48 PM
^^^^^ What Jacoby said. I also run Firefox with adblock, and malwarebytes is a great program to clean up your spam.
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
This stuff is definitely from this site. I use malwarebytes,Avast,and Ccleaner. I clean this laptop daily.
This is also happening on my kids school pc. Its not allowed to be used for anyting not related to school and their programs. I surfed beckett only and it popped up on there too. I don't think its becketts doing but the popover/under ads as jacoby stated. Yes very annoying indeed.

[Image: 2DDYT9n.jpg]
04-13-2012, 05:00 PM
(04-13-2012 04:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  i should preface this: i use FF, with adblock, so i dont have these issues

however: that looks like it isnt beckett's stuff. you might want to download a couple free programs (you can get them at download.com)

1. malwarebytes
2. avg

that being said: if it is beckett, it isnt "spam", but popover/under ads, which are annoying, but commplace (boston.com is notorious). but that looks like a flashplayer exploit thing to me

I had that pop up recently, and I _think_ it was from Beckett. I doubt it's malware, though, as I don't run windows. I have to think it's an ad from Beckett.
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't know much about technology, but I have never had one pop up on this site. As far as I know, I don't have anything special in place (probably do, but just don't know it lol) and I use internet explorer.

[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
if it originated from beckett, i think there would be MANY more people complaining about this

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
04-13-2012, 06:09 PM
No pop-up(s) over here. Smile

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
(04-13-2012 05:55 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  if it originated from beckett, i think there would be MANY more people complaining about this

I think it does, but it has only happened for me maybe once or twice, so it's hard to say. I'm guessing Beckett because it would be a pretty big coincidence if I ran in to it somewhere else. It's possible a pop up blocker stops it, maybe.

Honestly, I didn't think much of it, as it's just an advertisement.
04-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Now that you showed a screenshot of it, I have been getting those. My brother-in-law upgraded me to Google Chrome now, so I no longer have IE7. I can't download anything b/c a while back I was getting infected looking for pictures of Stacy Keibler!!

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!