`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just so I get this right, SV versus BV

Just so I get this right, SV versus BV
Book Value is what it is but Sale Value trading from what I think is fair would be take all sales total it up then divide by how many sales were involved right?

This way your not going off some random number that someone thinks is fair but clearly is not for the other collector.

Let me know how you calculate a fair amount.

BTW I am not interested or will ever be interested in SV trading! I am just curious since it was recently brought up.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV
For some traders, sv is they buy it for $10 or $11 dollars then either want to trade it by book because it books more if it books, or if they trade "sv" they want more for it because they won't trade it at "sv" which they claim they trade at because they bought it too low and it sold for $75 before (but again, only when it's convenient). There is more to SV then eBay, but most of the "sv" traders use that site as their point of reference, but mostly when it's convenient. To me personally "sv" is cash in my hand and a made up trade value to try and screw over traders as they only use the auction format from ebay and of course quote the lowest price of your items and the highest for theirs most of the time. I don't trade "sv" as it's not a trade value imo.

(04-12-2012, 06:27 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Book Value is what it is but Sale Value trading from what I think is fair would be take all sales total it up then divide by how many sales were involved right?

This way your not going off some random number that someone thinks is fair but clearly is not for the other collector.

Let me know how you calculate a fair amount.

BTW I am not interested or will ever be interested in SV trading! I am just curious since it was recently brought up.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Not another one of these! I swear I better not see that TO Popcorn card again.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

I was replying to the op but since someone lmk that once again you've decided to quote me I wasn't talking about you. Did I say your name? NO! Get over yourself. What you do on these boards I could care less. If I'm talking to you I'll tell you I'm talking to you. Since you trade sv though and since you think this is about you all of a sudden you have a card worth more to you but you trade sv and want to trade at a previous value because it suits you? Sounds like you identify with the generic sv traders im referring to. Not surprised in the least though
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I can't really help you with your question.....I just know that myself and probably 95% of the members don't trade by sv.....trade is by bv or close (Might trade a little more for my pc guy). Nothing gets me to add a person to ignore quicker than a "the sv *insert random comment here*. Stir clear my friend. It's nothing but trouble. IMO.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(04-12-2012, 06:41 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: Not another one of these! I swear I better not see that TO Popcorn card again.
Just a simple question

My Bucket

(04-12-2012, 06:48 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Yes it clearly states why I am asking I guess since you have no input on the subject and just trolling I should report you to a Mod?
I was implying that this thread was going to turn into an argument. I was not mocking your question about SV. I don't see how that's worth reporting to a Mod.
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection

(04-12-2012, 06:50 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I was implying that this thread was going to turn into an argument. I was not mocking your question about SV. I don't see how that's worth reporting to a Mod.
LOL was left out for some reason DAMN COMPUTER, I simple just edited my response but I do apologize that it was left out. It was suppose to be a joke that just back fired!
My Bucket

I was wondering why you were threatening me considering how many times we've traded LMAO!
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection

(04-12-2012, 06:52 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I was wondering why you were threatening me considering how many times we've traded LMAO!

Ya man headache all day and lights are off so typing might be an issue

(04-12-2012, 06:48 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: I can't really help you with your question.....I just know that myself and probably 95% of the members don't trade by sv.....trade is by bv or close (Might trade a little more for my pc guy). Nothing gets me to add a person to ignore quicker than a "the sv *insert random comment here*. Stir clear my friend. It's nothing but trouble. IMO.
Ya I wont do it either but it might help other new members if they can read why some do it and the best way to make it fair.
My Bucket