`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just so I get this right, SV versus BV

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV
So I have come to the conclusion that SV never works out and only trade with BV? Ya that about sums it up!
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(04-13-2012, 08:04 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: So I have come to the conclusion that SV never works out and only trade with BV? Ya that about sums it up!
Well unless all you care about is the money and you wanna rip people off Big Grin
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(04-13-2012, 08:04 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: So I have come to the conclusion that SV never works out and only trade with BV? Ya that about sums it up!
The main problem is that most people that trade by SV are making up sell values for their cards and then telling you what your card sells for at its low point. As long as you trade at SV with a straight shooter both parties should be happy at the end. That's why BV is easier to trade by, because it's a standard and no one can really argue with a reputable price guide.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

I trade by bv but not every 100bv card is created equal..If its something i don't want to trade I simply say sorry cant make that trade and move on...bv can be equal or sv can be equal but if its not a trade that makes both sides happy why make it...but the problem isnt with what way you trade by...but the bv is in black and white and is only a few clicks away...on another site I just had this happen after I read this on here..so I felt compelled to post...a member says he likes some of my stuff he has a LC Greenwood auto from icons not a hofer but a legend auto /20 that has a bv of 40..we are working out a deal and we get to the point where nothing is lining up but he says he wants my Len Dawson Topps Super Bowl auto /10..when I said that that the dawson is much higher than the greenwood...The dawson same set /25 is an 80 bv card....he came back with a bunch of links (from ebay) of lesser products of dawson..and others of better products of greenwood..and says that the greenwood prices are better so to him its a fair trade...and he doesnt understand why I wont make that trade..so I looked on ebay myself found the exact same greenwood he has (of course the same card he has had a lower sell value than the links he showed me) then I found the exact same dawson that I have (twice the sv of the cards he showed me) bottom line his greenwood sold for a little over half what my card went for but he neglected to show the right cards...to me he was trying to rip me off and play me for a fool..thats what a lot of sv traders do...not all but quite a few..sorry for the long read..but thought it was relevant to your thread!!!!
PM WORKS BEST!!! PLEASE PM ME RESPONSES!!!!I am looking for Steelers and HOF/Retired Players!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143057967@N04/202x56

I will trade by SV it just has to be realized that no one is going to make a profit off of me by trying to rip me off, if I want to trade for a PC card in your favor I will, but don't try to rip me off.
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection

(04-13-2012, 10:18 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I will trade by SV it just has to be realized that no one is going to make a profit off of me by trying to rip me off, if I want to trade for a PC card in your favor I will, but don't try to rip me off.
I get your point...the guy I was talking about above doesn't..bottom line if its a trade that both sides accept and are happy with how is it getting ripped off??? Just try and be fair and realistic....like I said not every 100bv card is created equal..
PM WORKS BEST!!! PLEASE PM ME RESPONSES!!!!I am looking for Steelers and HOF/Retired Players!

I guess a good trade really does just mean that after the deal is over with whether someone traded 200 for 400 or 100 for 100, that both sides are happy when the deal is finished. But when someone is trying to pull a fast one by telling you something is selling for less or more than it really is that's when it starts to piss me off.
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection

(04-13-2012, 10:29 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I guess a good trade really does just mean that after the deal is over with whether someone traded 200 for 400 or 100 for 100, that both sides are happy when the deal is finished. But when someone is trying to pull a fast one by telling you something is selling for less or more than it really is that's when it starts to piss me off.
hence why I posted that long ars post above...lol

Myself, I try to use a combination of both, but only on older 90's low numbered inserts or super hot items now. The bv on low numbered 90's inserts is just way way off as can be seen by the $500 bv Mirror Gold Jeter that just sold for $4,000+, and then a guy like Hosmer who's rookie autos are selling for at least double current bv. These are some extreme cases, but I do think you have to take them into consideration when making trades. Most of the time though when I'm trading, I have to ask the other trader what bv is on stuff because I don't even purchase the guides anymore, but maybe a couple times a year. I also think it should be noted, that the card companies kinda killed the trading by bv on alot of stuff because most cards #/25 or less have no bv and then you have to make up your own value or look at completed sales
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

and he deleted his post in the thread as you can see so what does that tell you? I guess he was the SV trader the OP was referring to. Shocking...NOT!!! I hate stupidity and that schmuck is the essence of ignorance and stupidity.

Big J, I'm surprised truly you managed to trade with him, so you've got some patience of steel going on.
(04-13-2012, 06:43 PM)xxbigjohn79xx Wrote: Oh oh you done pissed off willy now!

Discussing sv and Bv on these boards is like exchanging "yo mama" jokes!! Its a touchy subject! Lol relax guys!!
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.