`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate

***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate
The title says it all!

Please if anyone has any information for me. Im heading to Germany as many of you already know. I have about a month or so before the movers pick up my stuff. I have boxes and boxes of baseball cards that i need to do something with. I have no clue what is in most of them, but i want to do something nice for less unfortunate kids out there. I live right outside of Shreveport Louisiana.

My first thought is either Good Will or the Airman's Attack that is on the base im stationed at. If anyone has any information what so ever. I need to down size before i leave. Im not doing anything with these cards. Please help me help the Kids!!!

Thank you very much
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the homeless/ less unfortunate
Contact a local hospital / childrens hospital. They would love to take some off of your hands im sure.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the homeless/ less unfortunate
I have donated 10,000s of cards lately.
Goodwill and Children's Network and others..
They pick up at house..and donate them along with the clothes etc..

I would say give your local boys and girls club a call.

Children's hospital is a great idea. Every year the car club I am in does a huge toy drive at a show and I donate toys and some of my older cards that I don't have any need for.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I am not sure if homeless people really cards, but the children's hospital sounds good.

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate
I did goodwill 2 years in a row. I am looking to give more but I don't know when that will happen.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate
I donated cards to goodwill once. Never again. I'd say childrens hospital. I was told by the goodwill my stuff goes to those who are in need. About 2 weeks later I walked into a goodwill store looking for antiques and found my baseball cards being sold. 1.00 for 2 cards. I asked the cashier about them donating and she says no, we sell the goods in store. I then told her that 1.00 for two cards is overpriced.
I'll do rainbow babies and children hospital next time.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(04-12-2012, 07:53 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I donated cards to goodwill once. Never again. I'd say childrens hospital. I was told by the goodwill my stuff goes to those who are in need. About 2 weeks later I walked into a goodwill store looking for antiques and found my baseball cards being sold. 1.00 for 2 cards. I asked the cashier about them donating and she says no, we sell the goods in store. I then told her that 1.00 for two cards is overpriced.
I'll do rainbow babies and children hospital next time.
In case you didn't know, Goodwill sells all the items they take in. That is the money they use to help less fortunate, including giving people a job. I love to stop at Goodwill to shop. Get great deals on kids clothing and evry once in a while find some gem items.

I donate mine to Harbor House. People often think of the women there, but sometimes they forget the kids.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.