`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate
I donated mine in a Children's Hospital. It is so much better to see the smiling faces and to hear the many thanks from children. It is a bonus to hear the many thanks of family members. It is such a great feeling to know that some of the children are actually fans of some of the players. Boy's and Girl's Clubs is great too. Just give them to children, anywhere and anytime you have the opportunity. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

RE: ***HELP*** Looking to donate 50,000 baseball cards to the children/ less fortunate
(04-12-2012, 08:28 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: In case you didn't know, Goodwill sells all the items they take in. That is the money they use to help less fortunate, including giving people a job. I love to stop at Goodwill to shop. Get great deals on kids clothing and evry once in a while find some gem items.
See I didn't know all that. I thought they take the items and give them to the needy. I never shopped at a goodwill until a friend of mine told me about it. When I saw them selling the cards. I felt like they were out to make a prophit. I wanted the cards to go to some kids who would use them. Didn't expect to see price tags on them.lol
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

+1

i donated some cards and toys to goodwill and was told they would be donated. a few months later i went to the store and my sons tball helmet and bat along with a bunch of cards were listed for sale. they had the cards in baggies for 2 dollars for like 25. goodwill is evil

(04-12-2012, 07:53 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I donated cards to goodwill once. Never again. I'd say childrens hospital. I was told by the goodwill my stuff goes to those who are in need. About 2 weeks later I walked into a goodwill store looking for antiques and found my baseball cards being sold. 1.00 for 2 cards. I asked the cashier about them donating and she says no, we sell the goods in store. I then told her that 1.00 for two cards is overpriced.
I'll do rainbow babies and children hospital next time.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]