`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think someone got bamboozled on this Ripken!

RE: I think someone got bamboozled on this Ripken!
(04-16-2012, 03:26 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: this totally stinks, we have to be very aware of what we buy......
You should be anyways when spending large amounts of money. Its drives me crazy when I buy jewelery for the wife. I know nothing about gemstones. I could be the sucker walking in the store lol.... Sure I overpay and buy from reputable sources. But even they could be ripping me off.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

The thing to remember is that PSA could still possibly buy the card back. I had that scenario play out several years ago when I purchased a counterfeit in a PSA slab. The way it works is that you contact PSA with a concern. They evaluate the card for free. As long as the person who submits the card for review is not the same person who originally submitted the card for grading they will buy it back for what you gave. I had to provide documentation from ebay. I do not know how it plays out if they determine the slab was tampered with.

One thing that concerns me is the fact that the same seller had a PSA slabbed 1981 TCMA that was a sequential cert # to the WBTV. Makes you wonder if more of going on. Let me put a disclaimer by that comment saying that I do not believe PSA slabbed a fake TCMA. It is worth pointing out, though.

(04-16-2012, 03:34 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: You should be anyways when spending large amounts of money. Its drives me crazy when I buy jewelery for the wife. I know nothing about gemstones. I could be the sucker walking in the store lol.... Sure I overpay and buy from reputable sources. But even they could be ripping me off.
That would make two of us being ripped off by fake jewelry. I have no clue about that either lol......
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s