`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps Golden Giveaway Die Cut Gold Parallel

2012 Topps Golden Giveaway Die Cut Gold Parallel
After having entered only 4 codes (actually 3; I have since entered one more), I was awarded an Albert Pujols GMDC 41 Gold Parallel. Does anyone have any idea of the fair value for this card? I've been offered several (as many as 9) base die cuts for this card. Better to hold, sell or take the multiple base cards? Thanks.

RE: 2012 Topps Golden Giveaway Die Cut Gold Parallel
I haven't done the golden giveaway, so I can't say for sure. Personally, I'd hang on to it though. Most of the offers are usually lowballs. And even if it's a fair offer, I'd still rather have 1 sweet card instead of 8 pretty good ones. Especially for a star like Pujols. jMO
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Uvaspina, you were kind enough to reply to my last post seeking advice on the 2012 Pujols Die Cut Gold Parallel, I (really my 9 year old son) have since entered one more code and lo and behold it resulted in another Gold Parallel (Mattingly), which was promptly traded for a Miguel Cabrera Gold Parallel days before the big Triple Crown win.

Remember one thing-The GOLD parallels are "prizes" and are shipped FREE and if you have 14 other cards they can be included in the FREE shipping-What ever you trade for remember you will have about $15.00 shipping in fees for your 15 "normal" cards-add that cost into your trade. I have received a ton of offers for my Alex Rodriguez /99 gold but the cost of shipping plus the normal cards being offered is NOWHERE Near the retail of his gold.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

I sold the same card on EBAY for $31.00 a few months ago if that helps.

I've seen the regular die cut ones sell for $10-$15. Haven't looked at gold price much, but happy14027 makes a good point too. I forgot the golds ship free.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Yeah, they make your whole order ship free up to 15 cards. A star like Pujols is probably in the $30-$50 range. The Cabrera would be going nuts right now because of the Triple Crown win.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(04-13-2012, 09:50 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I haven't done the golden giveaway, so I can't say for sure. Personally, I'd hang on to it though. Most of the offers are usually lowballs. And even if it's a fair offer, I'd still rather have 1 sweet card instead of 8 pretty good ones. Especially for a star like Pujols. jMO
A few weeks ago, I decided to enter in 3 codes I had lying around. Sure enough, I got a Cal Ripken (base) die cut. Pretty happy with that, but it doesn't come close to pulling a gold. -Not sure what you collect, but I'd be willing to make a fair offer of real cards for the Cabrera gold if you still have it. I'd basically throw in the Ripken for free to facilitate the electronic end of the trade. In any event, that's awesome you were able to pull two gold cards. Some people enter dozens of codes and don't come close to that.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I've entered like 60 codes and only have 3 base die-cuts. It seems like that's how it is for lots of people, so you're having great luck. Congrats.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I really can't take any credit for it, as all the luck belongs to my 9 year old son (of course, I'm lucky to call him that). This is the same kid who 2 seasons ago broke open his first ever box of cards, a box of 2010 Topps Chrome, and pulled (yep, you guessed it) a Stephen Strasburg Blue Refractor AUTO.
He still has the Cabrera card. Not sure what he'd want for it, but I'll ask. You might intrigue him with something vintage. You're wise for collecting Cabrera. Considering his health thus far (he's missed very few games over the course of his career), he could finish his career with some ridiculous numbers. Very, very consistent.

(10-06-2012, 10:45 AM)uvaspina Wrote: A few weeks ago, I decided to enter in 3 codes I had lying around. Sure enough, I got a Cal Ripken (base) die cut. Pretty happy with that, but it doesn't come close to pulling a gold. -Not sure what you collect, but I'd be willing to make a fair offer of real cards for the Cabrera gold if you still have it. I'd basically throw in the Ripken for free to facilitate the electronic end of the trade. In any event, that's awesome you were able to pull two gold cards. Some people enter dozens of codes and don't come close to that.