`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please tell me I'm not blind, no way this is near-mint!

RE: Please tell me I'm not blind, no way this is near-mint!
Man that sucks I am glad you are getting a refund on that one.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(04-02-2012, 10:03 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: I am pretty much on board with the back scan giving it away. But I also agree that the seller omitted a blatant flaw in the description and even stated it was in beautiful condition. That is just dishonest and I am glad to see you got your money back.
I guess I was at fault for trusting the first scan and trusting the description, but like you mentioned... so blatant a flaw, you have to list it in the item description.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

Apart from what's said, am I the only one thinking the seller is just really stupid? I mean, everyone knows it's going to be hard (or very bad money) selling a card with such damage. If he'd scratched off the rest of the acetate finish probably no-one would have noticed.

I know it's an utterly wrong thing to do AND I DON'T SUPPORT IT OR DO IT MYSELF, but if you're a bad seller you're a bad seller right?

(04-03-2012, 02:37 AM)folkertino Wrote: Apart from what's said, am I the only one thinking the seller is just really stupid? I mean, everyone knows it's going to be hard (or very bad money) selling a card with such damage. If he'd scratched off the rest of the acetate finish probably no-one would have noticed.

I know it's an utterly wrong thing to do AND I DON'T SUPPORT IT OR DO IT MYSELF, but if you're a bad seller you're a bad seller right?
I agree, with something so noticeable, you have to mention it in the description. Whatever questions I had concerning the "glare" in the scan, I didn't follow up because I trusted the description.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

Keep us posted so we know if u get your money back for sure, that seller is pretty shady man.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I actually purchased my UD Goodwins Champions MJ auto from this seller and his description of the card was written exactly the same way. I sent him a message before placing my bids to confirm that the card is in the condition he stated. Thankfully, mine is in gradable condition. Whenever I drop that kind of money on a card, I always ask a question regarding its condition. In your case, there's no excuse for not addressing the flaw in the description so that buyers can bid accordingly. It's bad business! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you'll get a refund and I'm sure that you'll find another Jordan auto that will fit your needs.

What gets me about some sellers on ebay with 100% feedback is that many times they disregard questions regarding their auctions. When that is the case, they simply don't get my business. It happened to me twice this week and I was about to spend big bucks on their cards. Some of these sellers think that they will always have people bidding on their stuff, and they will. So, they neglect to answer questions. But in many cases, I will be that bidder that throws in some large bids at the end even though I end up losing. That puts more money in the sellers' pocket.
I collect Michael Jordan...

(04-03-2012, 12:32 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: Keep us posted so we know if u get your money back for sure, that seller is pretty shady man.
How do you know the seller is a man?

(04-03-2012, 05:32 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: How do you know the seller is a man?
I don't think they meant the seller is a man, but used it as a descriptive ending to the sentence. Kind of like, "I know what you're saying man." Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards