`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSA grading....opinions?

KSA grading....opinions?
KSA grading is supposed to be the Canadian alternative to PSA/BGS for people up there that dont want to ship internationally. I just bought my first KSA 8.5 graded card (and its a doozey), would you guys leave it in the slab or smash it open and send to BGS?

RE: KSA grading....opinions?
do you have a scan of any cards graded. Define DOOZEY! I got to see a picture. Is the 8.5 a good or bad grade? Where you expecting more or less on it?
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

KSA is basically pay for grade

(04-07-2012, 05:42 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: do you have a scan of any cards graded. Define DOOZEY! I got to see a picture. Is the 8.5 a good or bad grade? Where you expecting more or less on it?
Doozey: BV: $500
Super Hard Rare 90's insert.

Im happy with 8.5, but not sure of their reputation.

I think BGS is a stricter, so a KSA 8.5 would equal an BGS 7 or 7.5 as far as value.

(04-07-2012, 05:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: KSA is basically pay for grade
Why would someone pay for an 8.5?

I lived in Toronto for two summers, KSA has a nice following in Canada, basically unknown in the states. I saw a lot of KSA graded cards at the Sport Card Expo last year.

I would still crack it and send to one of the big 3 graders in America.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I have zero experience with them and haven't seen anything significant to sway me one way or the other to say exactly what kind of company they are or what their grade may receive with another company.

With that said, I did a little digging on another forum and apparently they used to be considered right up there on par with PSA but have slowly declined in their reliability/credibility. They've managed to stay in business since 1996 for what that's worth. As sonnyday said, they are a Canadian company and apparently have a strong rep with hockey cards, or so I read anyway.

i myself would probably get it crossed over but it comes down to you and what you want to do with it.

1. if you plan on keeping it for your pc just leave it in the KSA slab

2. if you plan on selling it i cross grade would go with BGS or PSA as alot more people recognize these 2 over anything else