`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, i get 90's inserts are hot...but cmon....

RE: Look, i get 90's inserts are hot...but cmon....
thats a green so there is only 10 of them,I am not suprised that its this high either but i couldnt justify paying that kind of money for a card!!! I enjoy my PC because i have gotten good deals on every one of my cards making it an investment if i were to ever sell/part with them
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

Poor Clyde Drexler only sold for $150 last week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

some people have way too much time...and money on their hands lol that being said, donations can be sent to the "Send Swjrp10 to College Fund" at....
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(04-07-2012, 01:38 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Poor Clyde Drexler only sold for $150 last week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc
that clyde is the red so there is 90 of them and it was a buy it now option , I would have bought that Clyde in a second if i had seen it.That Clyde is probably a $250 card
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

although many dont get the appeal to spend that much money on a card, that card is by far the #1 Kobe insert to ever be produced and its jersey numbered!.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

(04-07-2012, 06:52 PM)xarzy Wrote: although many dont get the appeal to spend that much money on a card, that card is by far the #1 Kobe insert to ever be produced and its jersey numbered!.
oh no we get the appeal just fine, we do like it, we just don't get why we should spend 25k+ on a piece of cardboard that was produced in the last 30 yrs lol

This has been mentioned a few times in here but it seems to be overlooked some.

Precious Metal Gems Emerald /10

Precious Metal Gem /90

You guys sit here and say that is an ungodly amount. But I guarantee if money was of no concern and you wanted that for your PC, some of you would pay whatever it took.

(04-07-2012, 07:12 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: This has been mentioned a few times in here but it seems to be overlooked some.

Precious Metal Gem /90

You guys sit here and say that is an ungodly amount. But I guarantee if money was of no concern and you wanted that for your PC, some of you would pay whatever it took.
While it may be for the buyers PC, I think at some level they are viewing this as an investment also which this discussion is more about. I see a lot of similarities to the housing bubble, people overpaying for homes for their personal use because they were also convinced they could flip it for more money.

I don't really know the answer, but it would be interesting to hear from the Bonds & McGwire collectors that paid 'whatever it took' for graded 10 rookies during the HR fad.

(04-07-2012, 07:12 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: This has been mentioned a few times in here but it seems to be overlooked some.

Precious Metal Gem /90

it is an ungodly amount, spending what would equate to a car, a down payment on a house, heck if you can get a unique "fixer-upper" house on short sale/foreclosure you could BUY it for that amount

i mean heck, the job I'm coming into pays 50k a month, and I wouldn't drop 25k on one piece of cardboard (and the guys on this site know how insane I am, I've shot myself in the foot financially to get good cards lol).

Heck, if I was to be bringing home 500k a month (which is possible with my career advancements), I still wouldn't do it, the mrs would kill me! (not that I would anyway)

But, to each his own, just my two cents (which are worth less than that Tongue )

If you were bringing in 500k a month I dont think your mrs would have any issue with dropping a few knots on some cards...
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65