`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your collecting passions?

RE: What are your collecting passions?
Prospecting's fun, its fun to get cards of guys you've never heard of or recently drafted, looking their info up and tracking their progress. My favorite product is bdpp/bowman chrome. I've collected a couple of sets and currently collecting my first Auto set ('11 contenders) i've seen reviews of contenders with people upset with the checklist full of little knowns but I think it'll be fun keeping an eye out for these guys and see how they turn out as a whole(i've already got some of their names memorized lol) . Besides my rangers PC, collecting prospects brings me a little closer to the game and i think thats what the OP ment when he was talking about BV going up. Your paying more attention to players you probably never would of if you hadn't pulled that auto, or blue ref. or whatever
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(04-08-2012, 08:32 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: Prospecting's fun, its fun to get cards of guys you've never heard of or recently drafted, looking their info up and tracking their progress. My favorite product is bdpp/bowman chrome. I've collected a couple of sets and currently collecting my first Auto set ('11 contenders) i've seen reviews of contenders with people upset with the checklist full of little knowns but I think it'll be fun keeping an eye out for these guys and see how they turn out as a whole(i've already got some of their names memorized lol) . Besides my rangers PC, collecting prospects brings me a little closer to the game and i think thats what the OP ment when he was talking about BV going up. Your paying more attention to players you probably never would of if you hadn't pulled that auto, or blue ref. or whatever
Thank you lol, that's EXACTLY what I was getting at. It brings you out of your element a little bit. Sure I like the Sox, but now I'm checking out scores from every league every single day. I wanna see the standouts and who is really excelling.

On another note, I'm happy to see Matt Barnes struck out 9 in 5 innings today!!!
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

My focus is on SGC-graded Cardinals teams sets from from 1952 to 1975. But I still want to collect some modern so I just started collecting Topps Black Parallels of Cardinals. Just pick up a 2009 Julio Lugo /59 for 99 cents Smile
PC: Cardinal Parallels/Rainbows of Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Molina, Lankford, Gibson, Musial, and Cardinal Prospects

I started off collecting anything I liked, but then I realized what I really wanted to do was focus on one player. I ended up collecting Kevin Youkilis because he was my favorite player, I already had some nice cards of him, and he is affordable for an all star player. I love finding rare Youkilis cards for my collection and I like the variety of different kinds of cards I have of him.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

That's my favorite thing about this hobby, everyone is interested in something else. Personally, the prospecting and Bowman sets are the reason I don't even collect baseball any more. I still have some, and I still collect my few favorite players, but I won't buy boxes of baseball again.

(04-09-2012, 01:51 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: That's my favorite thing about this hobby, everyone is interested in something else. Personally, the prospecting and Bowman sets are the reason I don't even collect baseball any more. I still have some, and I still collect my few favorite players, but I won't buy boxes of baseball again.
Indeed it is. If everyone focused on the same things it would be boring. It's been nice reading everyone's responses
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots