`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
....coolest thing ever at the local resale shop...

RE: ....coolest thing ever at the local resale shop...
(04-08-2012, 01:59 AM)pens fan addict Wrote: Is there a possibility this was in their locker room lounge area? Most teams have them for entertainment and building hand eye coordination. Could have been auctioned off when a replacement was gotten.
That sounds the most logical and the most cool. Not only did players sign it, but they played on it! I hope someone figures out where this came from originally.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-08-2012, 04:17 PM)jonathani Wrote: That sounds the most logical and the most cool. Not only did players sign it, but they played on it! I hope someone figures out where this came from originally.

JonathanI
we all do, but it'd be a pain to prove Sad
well its not from 2011 (atleast not from Joe Louis)
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/fierce-pi...ocker-room

...oddly enough just googleing Red Wings ping pong tables brought me to a small snippet from a local paper where it discusses that they have TWO Red Wings autographed ping pong tables for sale, the proceeds going to a local charity...They claim they want 1500 ea, but I know for a fact the sign in the store said 525...guess that answers that question eh?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(04-08-2012, 05:28 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: we all do, but it'd be a pain to prove Sad
well its not from 2011 (atleast not from Joe Louis)
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/fierce-pi...ocker-room

...oddly enough just googleing Red Wings ping pong tables brought me to a small snippet from a local paper where it discusses that they have TWO Red Wings autographed ping pong tables for sale, the proceeds going to a local charity...They claim they want 1500 ea, but I know for a fact the sign in the store said 525...guess that answers that question eh?
I am not familiar with the shop noted in the article, thanks for the Google hint. As I no longer live in the TC area, I can't stop by and see this. If there are 2 available that is a great find, but not a 1 of 1 (ebay joke).

Good luck if you choose to pursue this, even at $500 these would be too much for me. Besides, that is a lot of room to take up for something that I wouldn't play a game on.

I know of a few Red Wings fans in Northern Michigan with a lot of money, so you might have some competition if they find out about these. Your secret is safe with me, I don't talk to any of them anymore.

Hope to find some pictures at some point, I am very curious to see them. I might even go visit the in-laws to check it out.

Thanks,
Nathan

(04-08-2012, 09:16 PM)madmack29 Wrote: I am not familiar with the shop noted in the article, thanks for the Google hint. As I no longer live in the TC area, I can't stop by and see this. If there are 2 available that is a great find, but not a 1 of 1 (ebay joke).

Good luck if you choose to pursue this, even at $500 these would be too much for me. Besides, that is a lot of room to take up for something that I wouldn't play a game on.

I know of a few Red Wings fans in Northern Michigan with a lot of money, so you might have some competition if they find out about these. Your secret is safe with me, I don't talk to any of them anymore.

Hope to find some pictures at some point, I am very curious to see them. I might even go visit the in-laws to check it out.

Thanks,
Nathan
well I appreciate you keepin it on the DL lol Idk if I'll get it, frankly they also have a team signed jersey...lets be honest that's ten times easier to display lol I'd play on it, not gunna lie, but it would take up a TON of realestate in my card room lol IDK, we'll play it by ear lol I know a lot of rich RW people too, and the ones I know won't touch it because either ping pong is "below them" or it just takes up so much dang room Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Sounds like you found a great item for the PC! I have heard of the tables that teams have in the locker rooms, and they usually sign them when they put them out for auction. I hope that this one ends up with you, and that you can talk the guy down a bit in price (though the price is still a great one!). The best thing that you could do to preserve it, should you want to be able to use it, is to put a diamond finish on it. Make sure it's a THICK bunch of coats so you have room for wear. Best luck, buddy!

Randi