Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hockey question, hoping someone here knows...when do they announce the year-end

Hockey question, hoping someone here knows...when do they announce the year-end
trophy winners?

Obviously, the Smythe Trophy won't be til after the Stanley Cup...but do they hold all the awards until after the Cup? Or do they get announced sometime during the playoffs?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Jim

RE: Hockey question, hoping someone here knows...when do they announce the year-end
Awards show is now usually in Vegas in the middle of June. Usually about a week after the finals are done. If you google it I bet that its already listed somewhere.

Tim

RE: Hockey question, hoping someone here knows...when do they announce the year-end
(04-04-2012, 10:58 AM)timmy5179 Wrote: Awards show is now usually in Vegas in the middle of June. Usually about a week after the finals are done. If you google it I bet that its already listed somewhere.

Tim
I tried Googling earlier with no luck. I did another search with Vegas in it...and I found it. You're right on...it's June 20th.

Thanks!
Jim

For fans of sucky teams like my NY Islanders, they have the Draft Lottery announcement April 10th to determine the Draft Positioning. The actual Draft is also in June I believe.

Viva Las Vegas, baby.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I dont get why Vegas.... I know a few years ago Ovi won't signed autos for the kids.... and that was on a few twitter leaks the guy who hosted it sucked and later he on another radio show and mention how he wanted to say something about the autographs but was told not too

(04-04-2012, 02:16 PM)azicet Wrote: For fans of sucky teams like my NY Islanders, they have the Draft Lottery announcement April 10th to determine the Draft Positioning. The actual Draft is also in June I believe.
this made me laugh but your team wont be as big for the number 1 pick...
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(04-05-2012, 07:43 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: I dont get why Vegas.... I know a few years ago Ovi won't signed autos for the kids.... and that was on a few twitter leaks the guy who hosted it sucked and later he on another radio show and mention how he wanted to say something about the autographs but was told not too
If you go on youtube, there's several instances of Ovechkin walking past & ignoring autograph seekers. He's known as the most difficult autograph to get, plus he's the highest priced autograph in the NHL when it comes to signing at card shows, (he charges $125 & up for an autograph. To put it in perspective, Gordie Howe charges $100 & up). I know fans in Washington defend him, but outside of DC, he's known as the biggest jerk in the league.