`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999-00 gold reserve question

1999-00 gold reserve question
I have some 1999-00 upper deck gold reserve cards and some regular cards now I can tell the difference between the two until I get to the star power or young guns. I have star power cards that I pulled from packs of gold reserve, and I have star power cards from trade or packs. How do I tell the difference between them.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

RE: 1999-00 gold reserve question
The Gold Reserve cards will have almost a mirrored finish to them for the Young Guns and Star Power cards

similar to a high gloss card? any difference in feel, does one feel smoother?
I can see the difference on the regular card is glossy and smoother than the gold reserve is this the same for the star power and young guns

I love the knowledge on this site.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

The Gold reserve have gold Upper Deck logo's on the front, Gold reserve written on the front just above the players name, and gold colour backs. The regular set has a blue back and blue trim under the players name. Beckett does have a couple of examples. #183 comes to mind. Hope this helps.

(04-04-2012, 09:52 PM)woody555 Wrote: The Gold reserve have gold Upper Deck logo's on the front, Gold reserve written on the front just above the players name, and gold colour backs. The regular set has a blue back and blue trim under the players name. Beckett does have a couple of examples. #183 comes to mind. Hope this helps.
i believe with this but i only have looked at 2 cards when i first got back into the hobby and i still have to look a while
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Thanks for all the great information, it helped clear up my confusion.