`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - NFL Draft: Is this Fair?? Comments/Opinions Welcome!

OT - NFL Draft: Is this Fair?? Comments/Opinions Welcome!
The NFL Draft will soon be upon us. We're all hoping that our team will draft the best player for their teams needs. NFL scouts have reveled over months & months of film, watch college games, personal workouts and interviews by some of the top players in the draft.

Well, what about the wonderlic test? How much stock do you actually put into that test. Some say its relevant to a players future success, and some say it is a pointless waste of time. Well, please read the following article about MORRIS CLAIBORNE's wonderlic results and let us know ur comments and opinions.

And PLEASE, lets keep our arguments civil!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Morri...ore-040312
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

RE: OT - NFL Draft: Is this Fair?? Comments/Opinions Welcome!
Man I had to take that test for my last job I interview and the questions aren't even hard. I would have to think this guy is a complete idiot to only score a 4. It makes you think he got through school by playing football only in which case the teachers shouldn't allow that. Where's the education these days? I would have to say it wouldn't hurt his football abilities but c'mon man. Have some pride in yourself.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

moss had a 12. gore had a 7. i think they did alright

i think it is more applicable to offensive lineman than anyone else

(and yes, i discount qb's as well. lot of high scoring qb's on the wonderlic that didnt do squat)

i think the real issue here is this: who is leaking the results? that's just morally wrong.
(04-04-2012, 08:05 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Man I had to take that test for my last job I interview and the questions aren't even hard. I would have to think this guy is a complete idiot to only score a 4. It makes you think he got through school by playing football only in which case the teachers shouldn't allow that. Where's the education these days?
honestly, there was a player, who said anonymously, that the wonderlic is not taken seriously by players, and some just dont bother even reading the questions. i dont think it's an indictment of the school system and teaching, but rather a statement these the guys that know they will be playing in the nfl dont bother much with the test, and perhaps - maybe - school in general

I don't think its a big deal. If he's mad then he should have tried harder on the test or tried harder in school. They tell all the good scores why not the bad?
Arizona Cardinals & Andre Roberts Collector

[Image: g3IbP.png]

(04-04-2012, 08:05 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: moss had a 12. gore had a 7. i think they did alright

i think it is more applicable to offensive lineman than anyone else

(and yes, i discount qb's as well. lot of high scoring qb's on the wonderlic that didnt do squat)

i think the real issue here is this: who is leaking the results? that's just morally wrong.

honestly, there was a player, who said anonymously, that the wonderlic is not taken seriously by players, and some just dont bother even reading the questions. i dont think it's an indictment of the school system and teaching, but rather a statement these the guys that know they will be playing in the nfl dont bother much with the test, and perhaps - maybe - school in general
Yeah exactly! It ticks me off that all these guys just assume they are going to get rich off of football and don't have to worry about education. Everybody else has to worry about education just to get a crappy job. These guys are going to make millions. I say it would be completely fair to make these guys have to pass a certain score or their not eligible. The nfl already has plenty of dumbasses in the league ruining their careers with drugs and things. We don't need any more.

Well I think that the test is old and really doesnt mean much to me....Just because some one is book smart or great at taking tests doesnt mean he can play football...but the guys who have been playing all thier life and excel at thier position would be the guys I would take.I think the way this guy was handled is wrong and some one should be fined or fired for leaking it.It said he has a learning disability maybe he's not a great test taker....just my opinion
Photobucket

(04-04-2012, 08:05 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Man I had to take that test for my last job I interview and the questions aren't even hard. I would have to think this guy is a complete idiot to only score a 4. It makes you think he got through school by playing football only in which case the teachers shouldn't allow that. Where's the education these days? I would have to say it wouldn't hurt his football abilities but c'mon man. Have some pride in yourself.
The test is basically an IQ test, it doesn't have anything to do with education. You're either intelligent... or you're not. The Wonderlic doesn't matter much if he is football smart, which everyone says he is.

(04-04-2012, 08:11 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Yeah exactly! It ticks me off that all these guys just assume they are going to get rich off of football and don't have to worry about education. Everybody else has to worry about education just to get a crappy job. These guys are going to make millions. I say it would be completely fair to make these guys have to pass a certain score or their not eligible. The nfl already has plenty of dumbasses in the league ruining their careers with drugs and things. We don't need any more.
Please don't equate a lack of intelligence with a lack of judgement, it doesn't reflect well on you. The test clearly has nothing to do with success in the NFL, so a minimum score requirement would be completely stupid. Since the average for a regular person is about 21, what would you make the minimum? 15? That is almost 30% worse than the average person and also means Dan Marino would never have played in the NFL. Of all the combine hoops to jump through, the Wonderlic is the least useful. It still serves a purpose, but it needs to be taken in the correct context.

(04-04-2012, 09:01 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: The test is basically an IQ test, it doesn't have anything to do with education. You're either intelligent... or you're not. The Wonderlic doesn't matter much if he is football smart, which everyone says he is.

Please don't equate a lack of intelligence with a lack of judgement, it doesn't reflect well on you. The test clearly has nothing to do with success in the NFL, so a minimum score requirement would be completely stupid. Since the average for a regular person is about 21, what would you make the minimum? 15? That is almost 30% worse than the average person and also means Dan Marino would never have played in the NFL. Of all the combine hoops to jump through, the Wonderlic is the least useful. It still serves a purpose, but it needs to be taken in the correct context.
The combine is mostly a physical event. You dont have to be smart to do that stuff. You just have to be athletic. Did you ever play sports in school? In high school and college, if you didnt pass your classes, you didnt play on the team until you got your grades up. Now it doesnt say he failed classes or anything but to get a 4 on the wonderlic, he either isnt very smart, or he just didnt care. Some of the questions on the wonderlic are just number series. Like whats the next number in the sequence? And it would just be adding 3 every time. They are that simple. If he made it through high school and college, he should have no problem scoring a decent score. He probably really didnt care but if I was given the opportunity to play professional football which a very very small percent of people on this planet get to do, I would care about every single thing they made me do. It doesnt matter if the players think very little of it. They are tested for a reason and are going to be rewarded greatly for it in the end. They should take advantage of their opportunity and do well at it. Have a little pride in what you are doing. Dont just blow it off because it doesnt matter to you and you are going to get a big paycheck anyway. If players are going to have that attitude about it then they should have a minimum score. 10 is considered literate. If they played at the college level and made it through their classes, I would say they should be plenty literate then. The only reason the average is around 21 is because of the time limit. Not because the questions are difficult.

I don't know if the test really makes a difference or not, but I will say that I laugh every year when someone leaks the results and someone did absolutely horrible. Those guys just "completed" 3-4 years of college. They should be able to answer those questions.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

All I'm saying is:
- The Wonderlic does not predict success in the NFL
- A dumb guy is different than a jerk (See: Pacman)
- Combines events are overrated and the truth is on gamedays.