`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help from sellers plz. No idea how to sell on that site

Help from sellers plz. No idea how to sell on that site
Looking for suggestions on how to list some decent auto'd stuff. I listed one with a starting bid, a bin, and a 3 day auction...not sure whats the most benefitial way of doing this, any help would be appreciated , thanks

RE: Help from sellers plz. No idea how to sell on that site
I always try to end on Sunday evening. 10ish maybe. Year, card, card #, player in your title. Hope that helps.

Sunday evening is the best night to end an auction. High value cards either list as BIN or as a one day auction. Offer free shipping on expensive cards. That's my 2cents.

I've been doing auction with a BIN so I start the bidding out the lowest I would take and the good thing is they give you 50 free auctions a month now so you don't have to worry about setting it low enough to sell. I will start at one price and if it don't sell I might drop the auction price a little and relist. But yea, Sunday between 8 and 10 is always the time I try to make them end.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

I believe the cheapest way as far as ebay fees is to do regular auction with a low starting price. If you do that, make sure you spell everything correctly in the title. I learned that lesson the hard way lol. I made a listing drunk and misspelled 2 words in the title and it sold for about 1/4 of what it should.
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

Make sure to put at least 300 dpi size pics. Also try to set your selling controls so that you get users with at least 50 fbs and good ratings. Good luck.

thanks alot guys this is very helpful. I appreciate it
(04-03-2012, 07:55 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I've been doing auction with a BIN so I start the bidding out the lowest I would take and the good thing is they give you 50 free auctions a month now so you don't have to worry about setting it low enough to sell. I will start at one price and if it don't sell I might drop the auction price a little and relist. But yea, Sunday between 8 and 10 is always the time I try to make them end.
thats what i did too. I set the price at the lowest id take if i had to with a bin option. I did a 3 day auction and a 7. Did the 7 by mistake though meant to do another 3 day. I think im gonna list some other stuff sat night and do 1 day auctions with bins like you guys suggested. Thanks again, very helpful

I would offer two suggestion, but take this with a grain of salt as I've never sold on ebay.

Don't list the high dollar stuff at one day auctions. As a buyer, I like more opportunity to A. Actually find the card in searches and B. plan my finances to buy it. You might miss out on people with the one day auctions.

Make sure your combined shipping is reasonable and listed in the auction description. Once I win a card the first thing I'm doing is looking through your other items to see if there is anything else I'm looking for.

PS - thanks for the sale, the ginters are going to a good home, but I'm sure you are sad to see them go.

I always research the card that has already sold and I usually copy the description and title of the card that sold for the most. But make sure you change the serial number and everything if its different and never use someone else's pictures because people get all butt hurt by that.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]